Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is everyone and everything made to wear out/break down/self-destruct? Why?

Is everyone and everything made to wear out/break down/self-destruct? Why?

Posted - April 23, 2018

Responses

Everything is meant to wear out.  The second law of thermodynamics basically says that everything (eventually) wears out.   Nothing lasts forever.  Everything has a “shelf life”.  Therefore, everything – from your favorite pair of jeans to your own body to the universe itself - will eventually wear out.  It’s not that it was designed cheaply or that it was made of inferior parts (some things are millions of years old and are still functioning).  It’s just the way things are in this physical existence – whether we like it or not.

April 23, 2018 10:26 AM MDT

I am currently wearing a UC Berkeley sweatshirt that my son gave me when he attended UC Berkeley. It was in 1987 that he graduated and gave it to me. Yes it is somewhat tattered. I never wear it outside the house. except briefly. But I love it and cannot imagine discarding it or using it as a dustcloth. I am not hard on clothes. I have other too-precious-to-discard things I keep around because they comfort me. So far this sweatshirt still covers me properly and if I'm spotted taking out the trash or getting the paper it won't be a problem. Some things are very hard for me to let go. Others I walk away from very easily. I expect others are like that. I'm gonna ask! Thank you for your reply Shuak! :)
      April 27, 2018 6:18 AM MDT

Yes, according to the Law Of Entropy, all things move from a state of order to a state of disorder or, more simply put, things break down over any given measure of time.
      April 23, 2018 10:29 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply bevo and Happy Friday to you m'dear! :)
      April 27, 2018 6:22 AM MDT

Some of us think the soul is immortal.
      April 23, 2018 12:30 PM MDT

Maybe only love lives on eternally Rosie....it can even still exist in people's minds long after you've past away.. 
    If your both still in love when when you pop your clogs ,love continues on forever ...:) 
      April 23, 2018 5:04 PM MDT

You never cease to amaze me. You are an enigma wrapped around a mystery, wrapped in a riddle. One of these days, I shall figure you out...or spend my last days trying to do so.
      April 23, 2018 7:31 PM MDT

Excuse the interruption Ele. NJ is multi-dimensional and always surprising. Always worth spending time with.  My 2 cents'! :)
      April 24, 2018 2:20 AM MDT

For a few Dollars more ,I wont  shut up Rosie.....lol
      April 24, 2018 3:47 AM MDT

Aw shucks you saw that? Well I thought perhaps you might so I held back and didn't go on and on and on because I KNEW it would embarrass you so I just touched on a teeny tiny bit. You know how difficult it is for me to hold back on anything D?  Well I did. I usually don't jump in to other people's conversations but I couldn't help it!  Different subject. Someone suggested the newest royal be called "Bubba". Prince Bubba. I dunno. It just doesn't do it for me. What do YOU think? Thank you for your comment D. I wonder what the orange monster has in store for us today? AARRGGHH! :(
      April 24, 2018 3:55 AM MDT

Please feel free and at ease to jump in anywhere /time you want Rosie....I'm not embarrassable at all really....

Who has had a baby Rosie ....You say Prince ,so is it a royal ? This post was edited by Nice Jugs at April 24, 2018 9:46 AM MDT
      April 24, 2018 4:04 AM MDT

It is Kate. She was pregnant with her third child. You know William and Kate? She had the baby yesterday. I wonder why I know this and you don't? I'm an ocean away and a continent. Seems strange but sometimes life is. OK. So you don't embarrass? Good to know. Thank you for your reply D! Can you solve this mystery?
      April 24, 2018 4:07 AM MDT

If you mean how you know and I don't ,it's because I never buy or read newspapers or watch  the news on TV.....I would think most is nothing more than propaganda that media companies want to pump out....
    The English government is no different ,they use the news companies for their own personal reasons....they all seem to delight in publicly slagging of one another to gain a few Brownie points....
    What Minster doesn't have shares and money invested in companies  ,only a fool would not use his inside knowledge to his own advantage...

I have no interests in the royals Rosie.....They've already done enough damage globally through out history...
    How many deaths are they responsibly for world wide since they formed their exclusive sect ....
    They all interbreed to make sure money and property stay in the right hands... This post was edited by Nice Jugs at April 27, 2018 6:02 AM MDT
      April 24, 2018 7:53 AM MDT

I am officially confused. You know so much about so many things but you don't read or watch TV? Does it come through osmosis? I'm not trying to be a smarta** D. Really. I am a news junkie and read a newspaper every day. I go to Google News and Yahoo news on the computer every day. I watch/listen to news during the day. I'm afraid if I don't we will be in the midst of a nuclear war and I won't know. After 9/11 my whole world changed vis a vis keeping up. We happened to be watching a morning news show and saw the first plane hit one of the Twin Towers. Much consternation for that "accident" UNTIL the second plane hit and then we knew we were being attacked. And then the Pentagon was hit. And then a plane crashed in Pennsylvania en route to the Capitol and via recordings we KNEW the passengers knew what was going and they sacrificed their lives to stop it.. I would have known NONE of that without being plugged in and after that I am PLUGGED IN every day. If we are going to die in a nuclear war I want to know about it. My curiosity is boundless D and is a sponge that always has room for more. So when you say you don't read or watch TV I cannot relate to that part of you because I am the antithesis..the opposite of you. Who knew? I disagree that all news is useless because it is controlled. I can't even almost imagine that kind of world. Now FOX news is the right arm of the orange monkey man in the White House and anything on there is either a lie or skewed to make the orange White House monkey look good. I never watch except when there are clips of the absurdities thereon played on other news channels. Otherwise I have no need for an orange monkey mouthpiece who spouts orange monkey propaganda. Okey doke. Thank you for your reply D.
      April 27, 2018 6:12 AM MDT

That's a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western.
      April 24, 2018 7:00 AM MDT

I'm Pasta caring about Spaghetti westerns ....I think it time for change and we get meals or reels of Cannelloni westerns instead.....:)D
      April 24, 2018 7:59 AM MDT

I know that.
      April 24, 2018 6:59 AM MDT

I know you know. The comment had nothing to do with you Ele. It wasn't about you it was about NJ. I spoke up to say what I think about her so if she saw she'd know. She did and did and that's that. I thought you knew that? You thought I was trying inform you of something that is so obvious? Why would I insult your perspicacity and intellect by doing such a thing? Fer cryin' out loud and gee whiz and good gracious and and and. :(
      April 24, 2018 7:10 AM MDT

My parents could never work me out from the moment I was born I'm told....I was the forth in a line of six and nearly broke them I think....
    What puzzles me is Jigsaws .....I can never get them to cut in a straight line :( 

Maybe if you changed your name to Einstein you might be in with a chance......lol 
      April 24, 2018 3:58 AM MDT

:):):)
      April 24, 2018 4:08 AM MDT

I can't cut a straight line with a radial-arm saw.
      April 24, 2018 7:02 AM MDT

You need to take time and readjust your saws settings....they can go out of bonk on the table bed and also the angle stops often move over time.....it's not that hard to readjust them.....it's just a bit difficult to achieve the original factory set angles ....
    I've had to adjust my dads saw many times....:( 
      April 24, 2018 8:13 AM MDT

((hugs)) Thank you for your loverly reply D. What about hate? If love can live forever does its opposite live forever too? Do you hate people who have long-since died until you die? I'm gonna ask. :)
      April 24, 2018 2:18 AM MDT

What what is the point of continuing to hate a person once they are dead.......for what ever the reason you hate them ,it's best that you rid them from your thoughts.....
    If you don't stop hating and continue bringing up the past it will do you and your Heath irreparable damage..
    You will loose friends that will become sick and tired of your now rather pointless ramblings.....

Dead and forgotten is best all round for both parties....

Despots warmongers whoever they maybe all know that one day they to will die ,but partly commit atrocities so that they become immortal and always in people's minds.....

We still harp on about Hitler for instance ....he's dead and gone and can never ever return.....remember yes so we can recognize certain traits happening again........
    The world will never hear itself while we still endlessly love bad news that feeds the medias hatred......
    Read any newspaper is 90 % bad news that sells them ,yet there are far more good things that happen than bad.....

Ian Brady an evil peado and child killer died in prison last year......his body was secretly dumped at sea so no other creeps / sicko's could visit his grave.... His name should never ever be mentioned again...
    What ever the crime , we cannot turn back  the clock and they only way left to go is forward and begin afresh .

Think of nice thing and help as many people as you can as you go through life and you can meet your maker with a clear concious and be remember as one of life role models 

There is no other greater accolade any person could recieve.....:)

I will always reverie Sir David Attenbourgh as being one of the greatest human beings ever .......i would so love to meet him  my whole family would....
    We had to sit and watch his wildlife programs every Sunday afternoon  as kids ......We were all systematically imprinted with him.....To this day we stil watch all of his programmes...lol
      April 24, 2018 3:45 AM MDT