Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Judge in Manafort case accuses Mueller team of "Lying". Think he will get to the truth?

Judge in Manafort case accuses Mueller team of "Lying". Think he will get to the truth?

“We said this was what the investigation was about but we are not bound by it and we were lying,” Judge Ellis said. “C’mon Man!”

Tells Mueller attorney they have 2 weeks to show they have authority under the written scope to go after a 10 yr old crime. They tried to give the judge a redacted doctument. 

Think he will dismiss?

Posted - May 5, 2018

Responses

I hope so.
      May 6, 2018 6:53 AM MDT

Under the written scope the judge should tell us by what limitations they don't have the authority to go after a 10 year old crime. He can do so in less than 2hrs.
      May 6, 2018 10:31 AM MDT

Muellers attorneys tried to tell the Judge he was not allowed to see the unredacted form defining the scope. Judge gave them 2 weeks to provide it. He is nicer than me....I would have gave them one hour. If they did not provide it then I would dismiss the case and charge them with contempt of court.
      May 6, 2018 4:38 PM MDT

So the scope is defined but redacted and not made available to the judge? Privilege seems boundless. No wonder the judge can't tell us because even he does not know. Aye, indeed one hour should have been enough. I would not dismiss the case though, not just yet. It is not an automatic win one win all. This post was edited by O-uknow at May 6, 2018 6:38 PM MDT
      May 6, 2018 5:37 PM MDT

Yep.  I mean dismiss only if they refuse to provide unredacted form.  
      May 6, 2018 6:40 PM MDT

maybe
      May 6, 2018 4:45 PM MDT

I'm hoping that they get to the truth. I'm also hoping that it get's dismissed. Enough's enough. It's been over a year and a half. If they have evidence and proof, show it. If they don't have any evidence or proof, say so and shut down the so-called investigation. Does anyone actually think Mueller want's to get to the truth? As always, just my opinion. :)
      May 13, 2018 2:55 AM MDT

Agree 100%.
      May 13, 2018 7:42 AM MDT