Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Some of the people who were the most prolific in posting new content here have fallen silent over the past few weeks and months.

Some of the people who were the most prolific in posting new content here have fallen silent over the past few weeks and months.

I miss some of them; do you?
~

Posted - May 6, 2018

Responses

The dog ate my homework. ;+ 
      May 6, 2018 7:01 AM MDT

I guess it is up to the few remaining to continue the charge. I think a few have already skipped town and crossed over to asker's pick. I do miss a few.
      May 6, 2018 7:21 AM MDT

There is a lot of negativity on here which is hardly encouraging.  Every time I venture out of adultMug I know I will have to put on a thicker set of skin and get ready for the blows.  But I am guilty of negativity at times myself.  A person I considered my friend on here wrote a blog in which she made some charges against my country that I felt were unwarranted.  She had received most of her information from the American news media which I though was hardly objective so in a series of comments I tried to correct her mistaken impression.  She commented on one of my comments then threatened to leave the site.  Which she eventually did pulling out all her previous messages and comments and blogs.  And my answers and comments which I had taken a fair amount of time to think about and write.  Which makes me think of kids who , if you won't play it rheir way just take their toys and leave. Or people who feel they are too superior to interact with the rest of us and prefer to deliver messages as from on high.  But whatever reason she is gone (and I certainly know that many people have better things to do than post on chat sites) and I am less one friend. 
      May 6, 2018 8:01 AM MDT

Doesn't sound like a friend to me.
      May 6, 2018 8:07 AM MDT

Nonetheless was something about her I valued. I think perhaps it was some little feelings we shared at one point.  But I know she was very sensitive and although I tried to be careful and objective in my comments I think she may have read them as a rejection of her.  Which was not what I intended at all.  Its not like OK you deliver the blows and whoever is still standing is your friend.  Some people need a more positive framework more of the time to flourish and be happy. 
      May 6, 2018 8:21 AM MDT

This is the Internet - people come and go all the time.  As with a card game, you play the hand you're dealt.  If they decide to come back, great.  If not, meh! This post was edited by SpunkySenior at May 6, 2018 11:35 AM MDT
      May 6, 2018 10:16 AM MDT

I can think of one person I miss seeing here. I know there are others but I adapt well and quickly. There are many who stop in occasionally and I realize I've missed them. Like I saw Mr. B today for the first time in quite a while. It was nice to see his unhappy avatar.
      May 6, 2018 2:21 PM MDT

i mightve except i havent been here much myself
      May 6, 2018 4:34 PM MDT