Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Remember "the ice cream man" driving through the neighborhood bringing ice cream to you? What else would you like delivered to you? Why?

Remember "the ice cream man" driving through the neighborhood bringing ice cream to you? What else would you like delivered to you? Why?

In California we had the Helms' Bakery. Small trucks would drive through neighborhoods selling breads and pastries. Favorite treats for us were chocolate eclairs and cream puffs. Then there was the milkman who delivered milk and cream and eggs per your standing order. Are there any "delivered to your door" businesses still in existence or are they all extinct?

Posted - May 15, 2018

Responses

We still have the ice cream man and the snow cone man. I also see the Swan man driving around so they are still going. 
      May 15, 2018 4:50 AM MDT

It still comes round every weekend with its ding dong chime. 
      May 15, 2018 5:09 AM MDT

Really? It does? Alright! Gosh I haven't heard or seen one in decades Malizz. Do you ever run out and  buy something? Those were the days my friend! Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      May 15, 2018 5:54 AM MDT

Yes, I hear them going up our street and catch them on the way back for a couple of cones.

Once I missed it and chased after them on my bike and got it at the next street. 

May 15, 2018 7:08 AM MDT

Are you serious? I think that is so darn cute of you! I really do. Of course I don't know what you look like m'dear but still and all I can visualize you dashing after the ice cream man on your bike! For just a moment I'm a kid again Malizz! Thank you. What flavor do you prefer? I was always partial to the orange sherbet encasing vanilla ice cream. I still love that combination. In fact years ago there was a vanilla ice cream you could buy at the store that had those orange sherbet threads running through it. Haven't seen it for a long time! Thank you for extra reply! :)
      May 15, 2018 7:15 AM MDT