Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Per an Answermug pal "religion is often used to justify hatred of other people". Who can argue with that? Eliminate religion mitigate hate?

Per an Answermug pal "religion is often used to justify hatred of other people". Who can argue with that? Eliminate religion mitigate hate?

Posted - May 16, 2018

Responses

Well, isn't that just leftism in a nutshell? Just redesign human nature and society to be what the leftist thinks it should be. Just like that...

Being one dimensional thinkers the left only ever consider what they can see, not what they can't see. Or perhaps it's just what they choose to see and choose to ignore.

Religion is actually the glue that holds society together, directly and indirectly. It always exists in one form or another, consciously or unconsciously. What you propose is simply a secular theocracy, where the object of worship is the state.

Religion is actually a very stabilising force. My beliefs lead me to prefer to live in peace with those I disagree with spiritually/ morally / philosophically/ politically. So be careful what you wish for. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at May 16, 2018 6:17 AM MDT
      May 16, 2018 6:15 AM MDT

Many people have been trying to "eliminate" religion for years.  And though they may invent some reasons that to them sound good what really is at stake is the ability for people to think for themselves rather than having someone tell them what to do.  The real reason people want to get rid of religion is that they want to be able to control and manipulate everyone and have the authority over people which most religions look to God for.  
      May 16, 2018 6:34 AM MDT