Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Business » Remember when a can of vegetables was 16 oz.? or when candy bars were as big as the wrappers they came in?

Remember when a can of vegetables was 16 oz.? or when candy bars were as big as the wrappers they came in?

Posted - May 21, 2018

Responses

• "Yup ... and when ice cream came in half gallon containers."  :)
      May 21, 2018 8:19 PM MDT

No. What is this magic of which you speak?

The can is called #2 1/2 and it has always been the same size: 15 oz. Candy bars have never varied in size.
      May 22, 2018 2:08 AM MDT

All of the standard measurements are being ignored.  This all happened while the previous president was dismantling the country.  Shrinking packages and price increases have taken a toll.  It helped with the goal of expanding government food entitlements.   It also irritates the crap out of me  that a lb. of this or that is no longer a pound.  Food is so expensive now.  Ten years ago $2 was a big grocery item and and anything over (other than fresh meats) got a second glance.  Today a can of green beans cost that.  The industry used oil prices to almost double the price of food but made no adjustment when oil dropped back down.  It's not the retailers either.  The powers that be claim that food didn't increase that much.  I can read.  And count.
      May 22, 2018 7:24 AM MDT

You are shopping in the wrong stores.

I get bargains like this so much that I had to stop shopping: I can not buy any more food without first eating something to make room for it.
      May 22, 2018 8:31 PM MDT

no, i dont remember that
      May 23, 2018 3:38 PM MDT