Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you spend a lotta time kvetching about what you coulldda had or appreciating what you do have? Why?

Do you spend a lotta time kvetching about what you coulldda had or appreciating what you do have? Why?

Posted - May 27, 2018

Responses

I half-heartedly asked my wife if she had an extra $1000 cash lying around. She did not. This was back in 2007(?) and Google was just about to make a public stock offering. Radio personality Paul Harvey was encouraging listeners to dig up some extra money to buy stock in this new company that was gonna revolutionize the internet. It did. Today, that $1000 in Google stock is worth about $5 million. Coulldda, shoulldda. oh well, I keep missing opportunities, but it makes life interesting.
      May 27, 2018 4:07 PM MDT

Wow! That is some sad tale ya got there m'dear. Is your wife aware of what couldda been? I Google every day and can't imagine life without it. I know there are other competing sites but why bother when Google gives me whatever I ask it to? There is no question I've ever asked that Google failed to provide an answer. That's a pretty darn good record! Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 28, 2018 3:10 AM MDT

Yes, the wife is aware of the Google stock story. She doesn't remember my request for the $1000, however. 
      May 28, 2018 5:07 AM MDT

I think we tend to block out terrible from our memory banks bh. I think I would have blocked that one out too! Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 28, 2018 5:45 AM MDT