Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Depending on what you hold to be dear and true life is fraught with disappointment. Some celebrate the misery of others. Do you? Why?

Depending on what you hold to be dear and true life is fraught with disappointment. Some celebrate the misery of others. Do you? Why?

Posted - May 28, 2018

Responses

Completely the oppersite Rosie ,unless you are someone like Harvy Weinstine or Charles Manson....They need to live in purgatory forever......
    Turn the other cheek or forgive and forget.....No Way... 
      May 28, 2018 3:25 AM MDT

Apparently Harvey Weinstein operated that way for decades! He was a known sexual predator. How he got away with it stuns me. But of course the "why" he did it is obvious. Because he could. What is so depressing and distressing to me is that some of the folks I always admired (Morgan Freeman for instance) have been accused of sexual improprieties too. So I am coming to the sad conclusion that almost all men will do what they can get away with and sexually abusing women has been on that list since forever. Careers have been ruined because of past bad behavior. Good. They thought they were invincible. How many more pigs are hiding out there terrified of being outed? It covers all professions. I guess there are pigs everywhere. SIGH. I hope every single one of them pays for his or her evil-doings. Even if it takes forever. The ball is rolling. The #Metoo movement cannot be stopped any more than you can stop an avalanche. Thank you for your reply D. I don't delight in the misery of others except that I want all perps to be held accountable and punished whatever their bad deeds. :)
      May 28, 2018 3:34 AM MDT

There is far more nice men than pigs Rosie......but bad news only sells newspapers....

Not all film stars are nasty guys....My dads friend knew and worked with Robert Mitchem and always said what a nice guy he was...

It only takes one bad apple .....

I was shocked about the Morgan Freedom thing....we will have to wait and see what how things pan out there.....

With power comes corruption.    I've Part'ly watched a sky documentary about the Pope and Vatican.......It said it paid out £ 45 million pounds to buy off some of those being sexually abused by the priests.....
    It appears that there are countless pervert priests that do it with the church's protection ..
    Ive saved the programme and have put of watching it for a week or two now.....I will watch it today now though....
    What Harvy Weinstine done is nothing as bad as what those priest have been doing for centuries ...
      May 28, 2018 4:04 AM MDT

SIGH. I hope you're right D. That there are far more nice men than pigs. Vis a vis Morgan Freeman I believe he apologized right away but then I think he said something about encounters being consensual. I may have him mixed up with someone else. I wonder how life would have been if men were the "weaker" sex and were dominated in all ways by women? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply D. I wonder if there will be an end to these revelations or will be forever  learning of new "bad" men?
      May 28, 2018 4:14 AM MDT

I had a former co-worker who was an extra on the film The Shawshank Redemption. He said Morgan Freeman was a nice guy. He said James Whitmore was a really nice guy. But Tim Robbins was an a--, especially when Robbins' wife, Susan Sarandon, was on the set. 
      May 28, 2018 5:29 AM MDT

Can you connect the dots for me please? How your reply relates to my question? Thanks.
      May 28, 2018 5:50 AM MDT

Yes. I dont find any true meaning or joy in anything in life unless everyone else around me is miserable. The more the merrier, the more miserable the more fraught with disappointment, the more reason to celebrate.  Viva La Miserable!
      May 28, 2018 4:40 AM MDT

Except for, apparently, carbonproduct, I don't know anyone who celebrates the misery of others.  You really do?
      May 28, 2018 5:56 AM MDT