Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If GOD were female would you have a problem with it? We refer to GOD as HE. What if HE were a SHE?

If GOD were female would you have a problem with it? We refer to GOD as HE. What if HE were a SHE?

Posted - May 28, 2018

Responses

God must be a 'male figure' because there don't seem to be monthly tantrums.
      May 28, 2018 5:10 AM MDT

Et tu Brute? Seriously bh? That old straw meant to put down women! I thought you were above that kinda crap. SIGH. Thank you for your reply. Do/did you pull that on your wife ? If so bet she just loved you more for it!  :(
      May 28, 2018 5:47 AM MDT

God is neither male nor female but as the Oneness booth together.  As such God is beyond our human comprehension. 
      May 28, 2018 5:58 AM MDT

What we see in the common reference to God(s) as “He”, is the product of the overarching paternalistic culture that invented “Him”.
    Simply, the primitive societies that evolved and imposed the concepts of deities put little or no value on women, beyond their being vessels of reproduction, property of their fathers and husbands, and the source of blame (See: Eve) and objects of scorn. The world under the God of Abraham is no less a realm of, by, and for the male of the species. 

One might wonder why women have continued to submit to this dystopian, institutionalized misogyny for so many centuries, until you realize how deeply the repressive policies of male dominated religions are insinuated into the fabric of the cultures they are born into. And of course, women have always been forbidden to carry swords, gain positions of authority, or get comparable education or the same rights under these same auspices. Coincidence?

If a God were to exist, gender would not need apply to IT’s personage, and there would be no lesser accuracy in calling God ”Her”, than “Him”. (Calling God an ”It” just sounds ungodly, though isn’t inaccurate, all things considered)
    But left to (and as a construct of) the agenda of men, It’s description is unsurprisingly and unfailingly “humanized” into a male character.

Why not say the same about Satan, could he be a she? Do angels have genitalia?

It’s all such bloody nonsense. This post was edited by Don Barzini at May 28, 2018 10:20 AM MDT
      May 28, 2018 7:14 AM MDT

I wouldn't have a problem with it and maybe I would even get some Brownie points on judgment day because I have defended woman's honour on many times. Cheers!
      May 28, 2018 9:01 AM MDT