Active Now

my2cents
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Should a parent receiving child support have to provide proof of where the money goes to the paying parent?

Should a parent receiving child support have to provide proof of where the money goes to the paying parent?

Posted - August 10, 2016

Responses

Just curious, when would those ever come into play? 

Here, expenses are broken up by the person's pay... All the money goes into a pool and they decide Parent A would have contributed X% towards finances and Parent B would have contributed X%. The only other expenses that can get added on top of it are childcare and medical expenses. I could see tracking those, so you can collect the other parent's portion, but I don't see a benefit to tracking any other expenses. 

August 11, 2016 4:36 PM MDT

Thanks. This is a tough one because you want to create the best possible situation for all involved, but some attempts to do so wind up rather self-defeating due to unnecessary stress put on one or both parents and by extension, the kids.

August 11, 2016 5:19 PM MDT

The formulas are basic and generally  for wage earners.  When there is more money  the court seeks to keep the children in  the same lifestyle they are used to.  That can be thousands of dollars per month per child in support.   

August 12, 2016 12:56 AM MDT

•   August 12, 2016 9:36 PM MDT

•   August 12, 2016 9:38 PM MDT

(Grilly put you up to asking this, didn't she?) ~

August 12, 2016 11:06 PM MDT