Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Has there ever been an issue in modern times where a majority of the people were in agreement on?

Has there ever been an issue in modern times where a majority of the people were in agreement on?

Posted - June 2, 2018

Responses

*Everyone is in agreement. Adding "on" is necessary only for those working in the Department of Redundancy department.
      June 2, 2018 9:42 AM MDT

Don't end sentences with prepositions.  I've tried and tried to get out this message.   This post was edited by Thriftymaid at June 3, 2018 8:56 PM MDT
      June 2, 2018 7:16 PM MDT

With all the billions of people who exist in modern times, I think it would be impossible to assume that any one particular issue would enjoy widespread agreement.
    ~ This post was edited by Randy D at June 2, 2018 7:57 PM MDT
      June 2, 2018 9:49 AM MDT

You cynic you :P I am sure there are loads where the majority are in agreement... like here, the majority are in agreement that we are happy we have strict gun laws here.. That's not to say everyone agrees, I don't think that's realistic as there will always be a few nut-jobs who don't. 
      June 2, 2018 1:12 PM MDT

Disagreeing with you does not necessarily equate with being a nutjob.
      June 2, 2018 1:15 PM MDT

Inded generally speaking that's true - but that's not what I said. I was talking about cases where the MAJORITY agree and there are extremists who don't... It really wasn't anything about me.. so sorry to disappoint you there, but important to help clarify that. If you look at any of my posts ever - while I call Strumpet a lot of names - I almost never ever do so to individuals.. My *thing* is reasoned debate, articulately delivered, based on facts and my understanding of the situation and peripheral factors influencing it. . 
      June 2, 2018 1:30 PM MDT

Most Americans had similar feelings on 9-11, it seemed to me.    
      June 2, 2018 7:18 PM MDT

Even when considering the majority of Americans, that's still not the majority of everyone worldwide, right? Do you remember the images of certain people celebrating the tragedy as a victory for their side?

~
      June 2, 2018 7:56 PM MDT