Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Are you a multi-tasking maniac or a multi-tasking mess?

Are you a multi-tasking maniac or a multi-tasking mess?

I don't know which end is up if I do too much  and I get very lethargic if I do not do enough.  Where is the balance???? WHERE????

Posted - August 11, 2016

Responses

• maniac.

it all starts with a list, and it ends with me surrendering to the lethargy. nothing wrong with screwing off, once the list is all crossed off. =)

August 11, 2016 1:01 PM MDT

There isn't. Humans are physically incapable of multitasking. We think we're doing more than one thing at a time, but we're really redirecting our attention, if only for brief periods of time.

August 11, 2016 1:02 PM MDT

Yes!...;-D...

August 11, 2016 1:11 PM MDT

• If reading in the bathroom, or listening to tunes in the shower counts as multi-tasking; then, yes. 

August 11, 2016 2:18 PM MDT

• True. People always argue with me on this one. My retort is that they are just better at switching and they aren't truly working on multiple items simultaneously. I need a simple way to prove this so I can win the argument.

August 11, 2016 2:23 PM MDT

I've been successful at multitasking with simple tasks. Really it's just focusing on time, and doing things a little at a time. I can do that, but I prefer taking care on one thing until it's done. Projects are better done in one swoop and then I can move on, maybe go back to it after working on something else to check for errors. 

August 11, 2016 3:14 PM MDT

Just Asking, if I were not so busy today making a mess out of multi-tasking, I would list why you are so good at it.  Are you kidding me, mother, worker, webmistress of AM or whatever the title is for always being on here working and doing everything else .

Sharonna

August 11, 2016 4:33 PM MDT

Dude it is a DEVO day indeed.  Thanks for DEVO.  DEVO good. 

Rock, goat Sharonna

August 11, 2016 4:34 PM MDT
  • Bez

I couldn't multitask if my life depended upon it. Lol:)

August 11, 2016 4:38 PM MDT

At my age I can't even remember ONE task. Like I cook a pot of stew and forget to put the meat in it. Or I bake a cake and forget the sugar. Yesterday I went out to feed the cats and after giving them all the pets they wanted I came back in. Eventually I remembered that I left the food sitting outside where I was petting them. They are not very friendly. Dinner time is the only time most of them will let me touch them.

August 11, 2016 11:12 PM MDT