Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Southern Baptists are being hit by the #METOO movement. How does YOUR church treat females? Second-class/? Look pretty and shut up?

Southern Baptists are being hit by the #METOO movement. How does YOUR church treat females? Second-class/? Look pretty and shut up?

Posted - June 13, 2018

Responses

The bible is very clear that men have authority over women.

You don't get to rewrite the bible to say what you think it should. If you don't accept patriarchy, you are not a Christian.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/male_leadership This post was edited by Zeitgeist at June 13, 2018 3:31 PM MDT
      June 13, 2018 3:30 PM MDT

Just one of the many things wrong with the Bible. 
      June 13, 2018 5:00 PM MDT

:):):)
      June 14, 2018 2:20 AM MDT

Even if that were true, it's irrelevant. The left don't really care about such things. It's just mud to throw. The left give Christianity a hard time about it, while ignoring the infinitely more patriarchal attitude of Islam. It's just politically motivated fake outrage.

The real reason the left strike at Christianity is because they know it is one of the main cultural foundations of the west. To bring in the new, you have to destroy the old. They know that in order to bring down capitalism and other pillars of liberty, Christianity has to fall.
      June 14, 2018 2:23 AM MDT

So weird that it seems they invent the worst stuff they can think of to throw at us.  You would think they would have better things to do than just that.  Your assessment in your second paragraph is unfortunately all too true.  When people lose the hope their religion gives them they stop looking to God and look to a government instead.  
      June 14, 2018 5:21 AM MDT

"...[T]ey stop looking to God and look to a government instead."  So true.  Thus the necessity of a "civil religion", wherein the whole of society tacitly acknowledges a transcendent entity ("May the force be with you"?) is the giver of individual rights.  Otherwise, it becomes the government, and as one very old sage once (sorta) said, "The government giveth, and the government taketh away.  Blessed be the name of the government."  Well, maybe he didn't quite say that.  But that is what happens. 
    Cicero, that Roman statesman who predated the founder of the most hated religion in the world today by some 40 years, insisted on this principle.  Of course, the newly-minted Roman Empire didn't appreciate that he preferred a Roman republic instead, so he ended up losing his life.  
      June 18, 2018 8:26 AM MDT

LMAO!! Better then than me.
      June 18, 2018 8:32 AM MDT

I thought only famous, rich guys got blamed for sex abuse in the #MeToo movement.
    I never hear about poor guys getting accused of it.
      June 18, 2018 4:19 PM MDT

What FAMOUS poor guys do you know of Lulu'sMom? People like to read about celebrities. Who cares about a joe blow who works at McDonald's? Are you gonna follow his path as you would a King RAT dic(tator) like Donald John Trump? Fame is what  attracts people.  Right? Would you watch a show about a bunch of nameless poor folks? What they have to put up with and what they suffer and what they endure? No. You watch "The world of the rich and famous" or the Kardashians or those rich bit** wives from Beverly Hills or New York or wherever. Who cares about plain jane jones whose husband beats the crap out of her daily? Right? It's the rich and famous that appeal to us. I guess I beat that dead horse. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday.
      June 20, 2018 7:00 AM MDT

I would't know....I've never been allowed to go in places like that...
      June 18, 2018 7:22 PM MDT

:):):) Thank you for your reply D and Happy Wednesday to thee!  :)
      June 20, 2018 7:00 AM MDT

:)
      June 20, 2018 2:44 PM MDT