Active Now

Slartibartfast
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Have you ever heard those medication ads that say something like this?

Have you ever heard those medication ads that say something like this?

"Don't take Darnitol if you are allergic to it." WHAT? How would you know you are allergic to it if you don't take it?

Posted - June 13, 2018

Responses

• Yeah. There's no accounting for stupidity. :/
      June 13, 2018 3:33 PM MDT

• Yeah. There's no accounting for stupidity. :/
      June 13, 2018 3:33 PM MDT

One of my hobbies is finding stupidity in ads and errors in TV shows. The list is a km long.
      June 13, 2018 3:36 PM MDT

• You could probably turn your collections into posters and a book.
    A coffee table book for guests while waiting for the pot of tea.
    Or an English textbook to help students analyse what's wrong with an ad, help them grower into less gullible citizens.
      June 13, 2018 5:25 PM MDT

Indeed...it is the stupid people watching the ads that sell the products. You might like this.

June 13, 2018 5:52 PM MDT

Don't even get me started on pharmaceutical commercials! Tylenol, Advil, etc. is one thing.
    WHY ARE THERE COMMERCIALS FOR CANCER MEDICATIONS, for F*** sake?? As if oncologists don't keep up on these things?!

Not like most of us don't have a MD courtesy of Google. Hehe. 
      June 13, 2018 5:19 PM MDT

Why do commercials tell you to ask your doctor about prescription meds? WTF? You pay your doctor to TELL you what you need.
      June 13, 2018 5:58 PM MDT

You have no idea how many times I yell at the TV when I hear those commercials.  Same thing when they list all the deleterious side effects of a medication like, Pepto Bismol - can cause, flea infestations, anal warts, loss of hearing, stroke, paralysis of the tongue and death.
      June 13, 2018 6:07 PM MDT