Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Education » Were you ever the new kid at school who showed up in the middle of a semester or the middle of the school year? ~

Were you ever the new kid at school who showed up in the middle of a semester or the middle of the school year? ~

Posted - June 18, 2018

Responses

Yes, not very fun. I did have some nice kids take me fairly quickly.
    I did get to move back to my old school the next school year. Which was good but still missed some of the new friends. 
      June 18, 2018 7:25 AM MDT

As a wee one, I moved to FL, where the schools were far behind those of Ohio. I didn't fit in well as I could already do much of the stuff the other students were just starting to learn. Bored 7 year olds are hard to control...
      June 18, 2018 7:37 AM MDT

The beatings didn't take?
    ~
      June 18, 2018 12:01 PM MDT

I was a quick learner. Don't make the same mistake twice. One whack on the bottom did the trick.
      June 18, 2018 3:18 PM MDT

I was only the new kid in the school in second grade.  I stayed with those same kids through high school.
      June 18, 2018 10:53 AM MDT

How about showing up one month before school is over? Who does that, what kind of parents do this? To this day i hate this school, i have never forgotten how much bullying I went through. Parents really have to think through when they will relocate their children and when they need to transition their kids to another school.
      November 1, 2018 11:15 PM MDT