Active Now

Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Malizz
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Yes we obey the laws of the government UNLESS THE GOVERNMENT IS CORRUPT. Jesus did not roll over for the Romans. Did He?

Yes we obey the laws of the government UNLESS THE GOVERNMENT IS CORRUPT. Jesus did not roll over for the Romans. Did He?

Why then should we the people roll over tor King don who is as corrupt as they come? The Roman  Empire had to be overthrown before the Kingdom of God could appear. So while Jesus was not a warrior who kills he was fighting the Romans who were crushing the Israelites by speaking truth to power. King don is crushing us. If we do not fight him we deserve to be crushed.

Posted - June 18, 2018

Responses

What law did Jesus break?
      June 18, 2018 7:07 AM MDT

lol ;)
      June 18, 2018 7:40 AM MDT

- Jesus did NOT overthrow the Roman government.  That's what the Jews expected Him to do, but that's not why He came.  Jesus overthrew Satan's "government" (kingdom).
    - The Kingdom of God came WHILE the Roman government was still in power (no earthly kingdom could stop that).  The Kingdom of God is not an earthly kingdom/government.
    - Jesus not only obeyed the laws of the government, but He taught His disciples to do the same.  UNLESS those laws conflict with God's laws.  And when His disciples chose to obey God's laws over the "laws of the land", they paid the price (jail, execution).
    - Jesus was NOT fighting against the Romans.  If He "fought" anything He fought stubborn/closed hearts and minds.
    - Jesus didn't "roll over" for the Pharisees or the other Jewish leaders who had corrupted God's laws.  The Romans didn't really care about Jesus.  All they cared about was making sure no one tried to rise up against them (and if anyone did they were swift to take action). 

June 18, 2018 8:58 AM MDT

I sit corrected. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Wednesday. So he never question the Romans and always embraced them with open arms. I did not know that. Now I do.
      June 20, 2018 6:54 AM MDT