Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » The United States is withdrawing from the UN Human Rights Council over "chronic bias against Israel." About time?

The United States is withdrawing from the UN Human Rights Council over "chronic bias against Israel." About time?

The UN's bias against Israel is an old story, dating back more than 50 years.

Posted - June 19, 2018

Responses

The real reason is more likely because Trump's America is committing horrific human rights violations by imprisoning children. Many Americans have recently called the UN to request its assistance in putting a stop to these crimes. 

The UN HRC isn't the only organization that believes Israel is wrong.

See amnesty.org and hrw.org

June 19, 2018 4:30 PM MDT

Which children have been imprisoned? Can you give even one specific example? And what is the connection between that and Israel? Meanwhile, the UN has been biased against Israel since long before Trump came along. It passed a resolution equating Zionism with racism IN THE 1970s!
      June 19, 2018 4:54 PM MDT

Yes....about time. 
      June 19, 2018 5:26 PM MDT

Yes, it’s overdue; though the timing here in confluence with the mess at our southern border raises some questions about the ‘optics‘. 

That said, the Human Rights Council is an ongoing hypocrisy and a sham. The current 47 members include such prolific human rights violators as China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Rwanda and Saudi Arabia. 

The council issued many times more denunciations of Israel than of known offenders like China, Iran or North Korea. To my thinking, this is due to the composition of the council being heavily weighted toward govts with anti-Semitic policies.

US withdrawal will duly lessen the influence and legitimacy of this in-name-only Human Rights ”council”. 
      June 19, 2018 5:58 PM MDT

I wouldn't care if we pulled out of the entire whole corrupt organization.  Let it fall.  We can spend all of that money on something else.  We fund about 25% of the entire UN budget.  I rarely agree with anything about them.  
      June 20, 2018 2:47 AM MDT

About time The Synagogue of Satan was revealed.
      June 20, 2018 6:44 AM MDT

Do you try to be offensive (not to mention an anti-Semitic bigot), or does it come naturally?
      June 21, 2018 3:09 PM MDT