Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Games » Have you ever been involved in "The escape room?" It's like the game "Clue" only live. If so, did you win?

Have you ever been involved in "The escape room?" It's like the game "Clue" only live. If so, did you win?

Posted - July 24, 2018

Responses

It's available around here but it sounds incredibly unenjoyable to me. The pressure and suspense - - hell, competition in general lately sends me flying.
      July 24, 2018 6:42 PM MDT

It was a BLAST!  We were involved in one a couple years ago.  Don's company did it as a Christmas Party theme.  We all separated into groups.  Don and I were separated as well.  It worked well to build team energy and working together.  It was a great idea!  Both my team and Don's team lost to the third team... but we were close.
    All-in-all, it was a great experience for all.  :) :)
    Still, I like the game "Clue" better.  Big giggles!!
      July 24, 2018 6:57 PM MDT

• I've been to several escape room places, in Sacramento and in the Bay Area. I've enjoyed them all, though the last one I did was really hard and I felt like I hardly contributed to the solution. lol
      July 24, 2018 8:21 PM MDT

I thought the game was about working together to escape a room ... where "Clue" is racing to solve a murder (Col Mustard, in the conservatory, with a pipe).
      July 25, 2018 6:48 AM MDT

Both are right.  To me the game "Clue" and the "Escape Rooms" were areas where you had clue to solve the riddle of a murder.  That was the string that tied them together. :) :)
      July 25, 2018 12:07 PM MDT

I see.
    The only "Escape Room" games I've heard about (from friends who played them), there wasn't a murder ... you just had to figure out how to get out of a "bunker", by working as a team to find the clues to unlock it.

July 25, 2018 12:12 PM MDT

not yet
      August 5, 2018 5:00 PM MDT