Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Gun advocate, mother, age 42, shoots her two daughters, ages 17 and 22, and kills them, later gets shot by police, no record of arrests. What else needs to be done in such a case?

Gun advocate, mother, age 42, shoots her two daughters, ages 17 and 22, and kills them, later gets shot by police, no record of arrests. What else needs to be done in such a case?

This happened yesterday in Fort Bend County, next to Houston. Mother also tried to kill husband. She had 8 guns. Investigation is going on.

Posted - June 27, 2016

Responses

If the people in San Bernardino had guns they could have shot back instead of being gunned down like dogs.

Fourteen of them gunned down like dogs in a pen. No chance to defend themselves. The gov did not protect them.

In China a man killed 21 children in a school with a knife. OKC bomber killed 168 without a gun.

June 28, 2016 9:53 AM MDT

@Salt and Red Pepper: My question is about gun violence. The conversation in the country is about passing some kind of gun laws to lower the number of deaths caused by gun violence. There was a law recently passed about not giving gun licenses to people with history of domestic violence with a history of arrests. No matter how many laws are passed, there are events that still are not addressed. This is what my question is about.

You should keep up with the legislation going on in the country before calling people insane. It makes you look bad. What does the price of eggs in China have to do with this? (Your bath illogical idea.)
      June 28, 2016 10:06 AM MDT

@Some: To me this is so weird. This is a white, Middle Class family, with lots of domestic problems. The mother and the daughters constantly bragged about supporting the 2nd Amendment and how many guns they own (8). Also ragged on the Democrats trying to take their guns away. Definitely, they have a sort of "gun culture" mentality.

Then the fact that the police had been called at least 14 times to the house for the domestic problems. Isn't this a "red flag" of some sort? Why didn't the police charge somebody for domestic violence? Really? Because they were white?

This family also has signs of being successful in raising well-educated daughters who were socially well accepted.

The neighbors had no clue? They were surprised? Weird.

Parents had divorced and then got together again. Things were not exactly hunky-dory.

I think it's more than what you said. I'm thinking there has to be a gun culture mentality that is being created, like a brain washing. It's like a gun cult. Would you call it mentality ill? I think it must be cult thinking.
      June 28, 2016 10:24 AM MDT
  • D&D

I know it's hard to imagine but maybe her kids and husband did something no one ever should. As a result, this happened.

June 28, 2016 10:25 AM MDT

@Stu, I didn't see your question. Yeah, I'm seeing that there has to bd a gun cult of some sort. They don't fit under any law and are set on their ideas of how guns are the answer to all their problems.
      June 28, 2016 10:41 AM MDT

Loving guns has nothing to do with crime.  To hear that a gun death occurred and think it was Texas or Chicago is just stupid.  Stupid. 

June 28, 2016 10:49 AM MDT
  • Bez

I agree with that, pearl, and from that I also think the gun-wielding cops who shot her belong there as well. Whatever laws and court rulings apply to one should also apply to the other.

June 28, 2016 11:33 AM MDT

No, I take it with you and your stupid prejudice. Deal with it. The classic saying applies here, that it would be better for you to keep quiet and let others think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
      June 28, 2016 11:53 AM MDT