Discussion » Questions » Jobs » why is it that people who are disabled or out of jail can get jobs so easily while i cant?

why is it that people who are disabled or out of jail can get jobs so easily while i cant?

just wondered cause i know this guy that is special needs and can work at this place doing factory type jobs but if i was to go there and apply they wont hire me. my sister is on disability and shes been working for yrs, I know this girl from this bible study ive been going to who was working at the golden corral for a while and she used to do meth, now shes back in jail, if i was to try and get a job there they probably wouldnt hire me, i heard shes back in jail for something like attempted murder and assault, she was out on bail, so why do people like that get hired so easily while im forced to be out of work for yrs cause noone will hire me?im bilingual too, ive never been in jail,never done drugs and dont even drink. any ideas?

Posted - July 28, 2018

Responses

They don't get them easily, but social services has a department with people to help them get 'reassimilated' in society. If you can find that department and talk to them, maybe they will help you too.
      July 28, 2018 10:26 AM MDT

"if i was to try and get a job there they probably wouldnt hire me", 
    With all of your examples you say this.
    seems like you are programing your life with these thoughts.
      July 28, 2018 10:47 AM MDT

Why don't you google this question.  Since you have asked it on here 6 times a year and still not one answer makes sense to you.

Try getting help from a source that you can find better answers from.

Good luck.
      July 28, 2018 10:54 AM MDT

If you are in a job interview and answer their questions the way you answer questions here, that could be the reason. You need to put forth some effort and show some enthusiasm or you will not get hired.
      July 28, 2018 11:30 AM MDT

It is not at all easy for convicted felons to get jobs.  The fact that they eventually find them is a testament to their perseverance and willingness to work.  In some cases, they may know someone who will help them along, but not always.  

Stating that if you were apply for those jobs you probably wouldn't get them tells me that you haven't tried at all.  You merely assume they won't hire you.  I've heard you make this complaint for a long time, but you've never mentioned that you've gone on any job interviews.  A job isn't going to come to you - you have to go out and find it which you seem unwilling to do.  You also have to look for a job that you're capable of doing.  I've asked you before what skills you have, but you never answer me.  No one is going to pay you for being unable to do anything.
      July 28, 2018 2:05 PM MDT

Jane S and Martina gave you tough love answers.

Most people want to hire people who are in touch with what's going on around them, and show a willingness to learn, keep informed, and show an ability to make decisions.

Here's a brief list some of your recent answers, including capitalization and spelling.  Do you think you come off as the type of person an employer is eager to hire?

---not that i know of---this is the first ive heard about it---probably---not sure how or what happened to it---have no idea, i dont pay attention to that---he might---have no idea maybe some people dont want to---nothing that i can think of---only time will tell--- dont know much about the people im voting for---probably---maybe---i would hope so---not sure what you mean---no, i havent noticed that yet---no, i dont even know how to do that---i have no idea since i wasnt there---
      July 28, 2018 3:27 PM MDT

I agree with Jane S and Tom Jackson.

You once said where you live and I have family by you.  If I were there right now I'd pick you up Monday morning and I'd drive you to straight to your county's employment services office myself.

I would then sit in the meeting with you and I would tell them how people on Answermug observe your situation.

Since I can't do that I'll try to walk you through it as best I can.

The first thing you need to do is go to google.com

In the search bar type "employment services" followed by the name of the county where you live.

The first link you see is Employment Services for your county.  Click on that.  Their address and phone number are on the right side of the page.  I think you should go to them in person Monday morning at 8:00 which is when they open.

You need to tell them you need help with job interview skills.  I get the feeling that's your biggest problem so it's the most important thing you need to tell them.

July 28, 2018 5:24 PM MDT

whos your family, wonder if i know them
      July 28, 2018 6:19 PM MDT

My aunt and my uncle live in a city that's just 35 miles down the road from you but you probably don't know them.

Anyway, can you go the employment services office Monday morning and ask for help with your job search?  It would make me happy.  This post was edited by Livvie at July 29, 2018 5:57 PM MDT
      July 29, 2018 1:39 AM MDT

i'll think about it
      July 29, 2018 4:55 PM MDT

Why should we believe you?
      July 29, 2018 8:51 PM MDT