Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » If my mind says I am suffering from a slight case of aphasia today, what should I do about it?

If my mind says I am suffering from a slight case of aphasia today, what should I do about it?

I really don't know what aphasia is but my mind is telling me.

Posted - July 29, 2018

Responses

Does your mind have access to a dictionary that your brain doesn’t?

17th century French philosopher Rene Descartes opined on dualism, the theoretical separation of mind and brain which, though I suspect inadvertently, you have made a play on here.
    It’s apparent to me you know what Aphasia is...
      July 29, 2018 8:42 AM MDT

• Well, having been diagnose with in layman's terms with slight retardation and being told I have a speech impediment and being told I'm a philosopher and being told it takes longer for my brain to think and then say and then told that I am an intellectual and a misfit who is clumsily socially inept and told I have flat feet, it fits. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 29, 2018 12:01 PM MDT
      July 29, 2018 9:37 AM MDT

It all comes back to what YOU believe.
    Choice is a very powerful thing.  How YOU feel about yourself and how YOU perceive how you fit in society.  I'm sure your ineptness is nothing other than how other people perceive you.  From what I know of you,  you are built to be the perfect human you are. 
    It's you CHOICE.  If you don't feel like you are inept, you aren't.  
    Just like they may feel you are because of your uniqueness.  I feel you are the perfect human you are.
    Put Merlin's diagnosis up against their PHDs and I'll stand tall on my belief. 
    :) :)
      July 29, 2018 12:09 PM MDT

Put your pants back on. 
      July 29, 2018 12:38 PM MDT

July 29, 2018 3:33 PM MDT

Hi Not Sure~ What I am sure of is this:  I am going to copy this and send it to my husband, Don.  I think that is so accurate.  It's not making fun of getting old... it is accepting of getting old.  It happens to All of us!  Thanks  Not Sure!  I like it! :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at July 29, 2018 3:50 PM MDT
      July 29, 2018 3:48 PM MDT

not sure what to tell you
      July 29, 2018 5:28 PM MDT