Active Now

Thebigd
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Communication » When was the last time you angrily raised your voice in a public setting, and why? ~

When was the last time you angrily raised your voice in a public setting, and why? ~

" . . . and while you're at it, get me an upgraded, modern cell phone!  What am I doing with this 1990s relic?  I'm Randy D, don't you know?  Grrrrrrrr!"

~

Posted - August 1, 2018

Responses

About a month ago in the Lowe's parking lot.  I had a shopping dolly/cart full of succulents, geraniums, and petunias along with 2 large bags of dirt.  While unlocking my car, the cart took on a mind of its own.  It decided it didn't want to help me any longer.  It wanted to go back to Lowe's and be with the other carts!!
    It made the first move slowly with a little jig to the left.  It didn't think I noticed.  It budged a bit more with a little more umph. I started to walk around my car toward it and it was over.  The cart saw me coming.  It began to roll and roll and the roll turned into rolling and then I was running. It was ON!  It was a full-on race to the store.  I was yelling the entire time.  This is probably why the cart didn't want to come back to me. Granted, the cart won but my excuse is I was yelling and out of breath by the time we reached Lowe's front door.

This post was edited by Merlin at August 1, 2018 11:12 PM MDT
      August 1, 2018 10:08 AM MDT

You already had me at "its", but then as I read more, it just got better and better. 
    ~
      August 1, 2018 11:15 PM MDT

As I am looking back and giggling with you, I should name it, "The Case of  Merlin's Cart Caper."   With petunias pouncing, geraniums grumbling, and succulents soaring left and right, it must have really been quite the sight. 
    Thank you Randy and thanks for the AP, too. :) :)
      August 2, 2018 10:05 AM MDT

Dr. Seuss had a daughter?
    ~
      August 3, 2018 5:06 AM MDT

During anrecent trip at Wal-Mart someone not paying attention rammed me with their shopping cart. I yelled and asked the guy if he’d more attentive with his cell phone shoved up his arse. 
      August 1, 2018 10:17 AM MDT

I cant remember a time when I raised my voice in public, or private for that matter. Maybe when the kids were small and I yelled at them for something or other. ;)
      August 1, 2018 10:22 AM MDT

I told some idiots, loudly, in the checkout line at Target to cool their jets or go to another line.  An old man was trying to use the wrong card to pay for his stuff.  The people did go to another line and they were still standing there whey the old guy and I walked out of the store.  We waved.
      August 1, 2018 10:43 PM MDT

i dont do that, dont want to be the center of attention
      August 2, 2018 4:55 PM MDT

Really have never done that - just not me and  not how I was brought up. I am more a more low-key and collected type of person.  Which is perhaps why I don't get much of an audience. 
      August 3, 2018 6:35 AM MDT