Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » How do broken hearts change as we age?

How do broken hearts change as we age?

Does a 14-year-old really know anything about a broken heart? O_o  (That's a side question. Feel free to respond to one, both, or neither.)

Posted - August 1, 2018

Responses

They grow a callus over them so it doesnt hurt so much.
      August 1, 2018 1:13 PM MDT

A broken heart never heals.  It learns to beat a little slower, a little softer, and a little less in perfect time.   There is a lot of hurt that doesn't rise to the level of a broken heart.   I know of three children less than nine years old who lost both of their parents last week.  Two mothers' hearts are broken and the children, thank God, are part of a large family and will be loved and cared for.  Their hurt will be felt for years to come.  The two mothers' will die with a heart that never healed.   

14 year old experience puppy love and can feel very hurt when that is over.  It's real.  It's not a broken heart.  I do believe that if a 14 year old loses an identical twin sibling, they may be broken.  Twins have extremely close bonds. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at August 1, 2018 10:00 PM MDT
      August 1, 2018 9:57 PM MDT

We become more used to having them and develop skills to move through the hurt and loss we feel. 
      August 2, 2018 9:01 AM MDT

they probably learn to accept it
      August 2, 2018 4:43 PM MDT