Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Where is your least favorite place to have to wait?

Where is your least favorite place to have to wait?

My cousin recently had surgery and waiting in the waiting room really wore me out.  One good thing about waiting there is I found this site while Googling a few things.

Posted - August 6, 2018

Responses

At the DMV/Service Center. You line up to get a number which is so cryptic  that you can't tell when you'll be called (B116 is called but that doesn't mean that my number C7 will be called in the next hour) and have to listen intently because if you don't hurry up to the counter they move to the next one and you have to start over.

I'm curious why the surgical waiting room is your least favorite. I volunteer every week in a surgical waiting room and most people don't seem to mind and some make the wait really enjoyable. But, if someone is not happy, I generally wouldn't know that.
      August 6, 2018 11:15 AM MDT

It's just the waiting for news that your loved one is ok and in recovery. I was there by myself until my aunt showed up, and I was so sleepy. All the staff at that hospital was wonderful though. 
      August 6, 2018 11:30 AM MDT

I guess that is tough. My waiting room is for same day surgeries, most of which are fairly routine and usually not as lengthy as more complicated procedures.
      August 6, 2018 2:24 PM MDT

I prefer those as well. :) She did fine though, and is recovering well. 
    I really don't mind going to the ER with someone, that's a great place to people watch.
      August 6, 2018 2:31 PM MDT

Anywhere; I don't wait well!!!  I refuse to wait in a room with a TV on.  I just tell the receptionist that I cannot handle TV noise and to call my mobile, I'll be right outside, sometimes sitting on the floor.  
      August 6, 2018 3:03 PM MDT

Outside of the courtroom where they're deciding my fate in yet another frivolous restraining order case.  Grrrrrrrrrrr, that darn Jane S!

~
      August 7, 2018 6:27 AM MDT