Discussion » Questions » Weather » Louisiana just doesn't get a break. Recent floods have devastated it once again. Is there no fix for Louisiana? Why not have everyone move inland and leave the coast?

Louisiana just doesn't get a break. Recent floods have devastated it once again. Is there no fix for Louisiana? Why not have everyone move inland and leave the coast?

Posted - August 16, 2016

Responses

After Katrina, the Americans came to the Netherlands to learn how we keep the sea out. But if you don't invest in it, it won't help. I live below sealevel.
      August 16, 2016 7:27 AM MDT

You do? Whoa! That's kinda scary AiW. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)

August 16, 2016 10:30 AM MDT

It sounds more scary than it is, but if you stand on a dike, you see the water level is higher than the land.
      August 16, 2016 11:44 AM MDT

Have everyone move inland?  Sure.  Just make an announcement and the problem will be solved. 

August 16, 2016 12:09 PM MDT

Because "just move" is not always an option for everyone.
      August 16, 2016 12:31 PM MDT

I cannot even imagine that AiW. I think of those huge tsunami waves that were in Thailand that were as tall as the buildings.  But you're used to it so I guess it doesn't seem strange at all to you. I'm picturing it in my mind. Yikes! Happy Wednesday! :)

August 17, 2016 8:31 AM MDT

Hello Rosie:

Sure, there's a fix.  Global warming is causing the oceans to rise..  All we gotta do is STOP warming the planet, and the oceans will STOP rising.  It's NOT hard. 

excon

August 17, 2016 8:40 AM MDT

I thought it was already too late to stop the momentum excon. It isn't? Geez well he**'s bells let's make everyone a true believer and get them to stop doing what they are doing to cause it. What are the odds of that ever happening?  Exactly! Thank you for your reply excon and Happy Wednesday! :)

August 17, 2016 9:11 AM MDT

Hello again, Rosie:

It's NEVER too late to do the right thing.

excon

August 17, 2016 9:17 AM MDT

You sound like my dad! Noted! Touche excon! But I'm in the choir.  I'm already on the same page as you. Whadda we do about all them other guys/gals? :)(:

August 17, 2016 9:41 AM MDT

Hello Rosie:

We need EXTREME VETTING of EVERYBODY..   If you're a global warming DENIER, you will be taken to a FEMA re-education camp..   Should we continue to be NICE, and say PRETTY PLEASE, and let these nut bags ruin the world???  I don't think so..

excon

August 17, 2016 9:49 AM MDT

I wonder if The Donald realizes the Pandora's Box he just opened? EXTREME EXTREME EXTREME VETTING is a helluva good idea! Brilliant even. Yep. As long as we apply it to THE  DONALD, ALL HIS MINIONS and everyone else forever more then I"M ALL IN! Let's start  with THE DONALD first and EXTREMELY VETT HIM? Whadda say? Okay?  Thank you for your reply excon! :)                                                                        

August 17, 2016 2:53 PM MDT