Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Ok, then answer me this: if tildes are supposed to be so bad or so weird, why are they found on EVERY keyboard all over the world?

Ok, then answer me this: if tildes are supposed to be so bad or so weird, why are they found on EVERY keyboard all over the world?

~

Posted - August 11, 2018

Responses

There is something fascinating with all those Spanish things. Castanets, Garnatxa, Bulls, Franco, Cristalino. Alas, sometimes all that mystique drags along something entirely ordinary and insignificant, like a tilde. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at August 12, 2018 6:36 AM MDT
      August 11, 2018 9:21 AM MDT

• I took my keyboard apart once to clean it out after spilling a beverage all down inside it.  There were no tildes in there, but it does have one on it. 
      August 11, 2018 10:28 AM MDT

Edited, thank you. 
    ~
      August 11, 2018 1:14 PM MDT

Doesn't that just show how invasive and sinister they are? I bet there are conspiracy theorists working on this right now as we speak... I wouldn't be surprised if tildes aren't bugged... feeding information back to?
      August 11, 2018 1:35 PM MDT

Excuse me, would you mind leaning in a bit closer and repeating all of that?  I just want to make sure the judge and the jury will get it all.

~
      August 11, 2018 2:09 PM MDT

• "Bacteria can be found on ALL those keyboards as well."  That's it!  Why didn't I see it before?! It's apparent the tildes are hosts for all sorts of bacteria, germs and even computer viruses and just the use of the key can infect an innocent user's computer!  It's time to contact the FBI, CIA and the ENIC.
      August 11, 2018 2:35 PM MDT

((((Chief of Tilde Security, this is Special Agent Randolfdi. Some character who goes by the name of ALF is onto us, he's figured out our plan to overthrow all world governments and enslave mankind to do the bidding of The Intergalactic Tilde Society. He is perpapred to inform various investigative entities; their prying will be disastrous to the program. Immediately dispatch a Fixer Team to have him disappear, and just like all the others, make it look like an accident. Nothing must impede our effort to control this planet. This is Special Agent Randolfdi, signing off.))))

~
      August 12, 2018 1:19 AM MDT

I'd do you one better. It's right next to the escape key. Coincidence? I think not. 
      August 11, 2018 3:34 PM MDT

((((Chief of Tilde Security, this is Special Agent Randolfdi again. ALF apparently has an accomplice, send another Fixer Team after her too. Records indicate she has several weaknesses that can be employed against her; a coffee addiction, sale weekends at Pottery Barn, men with hairy chests, Scrabble tournaments, etc. By the way, don't go easy on her, she's a fighter.  Special Agent Randolfdi, signing off.))))

~
      August 12, 2018 1:15 AM MDT