Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The Warning Sign reads "BRIDGE OUT AHEAD". Do you ignore it and race faster because you don't believe the sign? Willing to die are ya?

The Warning Sign reads "BRIDGE OUT AHEAD". Do you ignore it and race faster because you don't believe the sign? Willing to die are ya?

Ignore warning signs. All fake news
Don't explain or apologize. Double down and hammer harder
When caught get irate and angered and insistent and attack and insult and keep it up.

Life is a gamble. You choose and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

Posted - August 15, 2018

Responses

Some people are keen to give advice to others that they don't follow themselves.  Remember we are living embodiments of what we believe in. 
      August 15, 2018 9:23 AM MDT

On our local bridge, only the first few could dodge the signs because queues rapidly build up blocking any further traffic. Before then, you can wonder whether to believe the signs when others seem to be proceeding with impunity. What used to happen though was that lorries would ignore 'No high vehicle' signs and blow over causing massive disruption. 

In the recent tragedy in Genoa, it was already too late for many before the authorities could post signs up. The locals had concerns for the bridge's safety but were obliged to cross anyway. 
    This post was edited by Malizz at August 16, 2018 3:20 AM MDT
      August 15, 2018 2:31 PM MDT

When folks see a "WET PAINT" sign some of them touch it to see if it's still wet. Curiosity? Stubborness? Recalcitrance? Who knows. I think signs are put there for a reason.  It's rather like ignoring a doctor's warnings to me. I don't know if it's bravery or stupidity that compels folks to do what they do..go against te prevailing wisdom. Maybe they think they are the exception? Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply Malizz and Happy Thursday. The infrastructure in the US is a catastrophe waiting to happen. There are bridges that are definitely unsafe to cross and roads in need of repair and buildings that should either be torn down or shored up. At one point "infrastructure repair" was mentioned as one of the TGITWH agenda. Haven't heard diddly about it for a long time. Too much else going on that requires money. SIGH. Maybe one day. How many will die before that one day arrives I can't say. :(
      August 16, 2018 3:26 AM MDT