Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » ANY SPECIAL MEANING IN THIS?

ANY SPECIAL MEANING IN THIS?

I had NO IDEA HOW TO TITLE THIS.

but this morning this happened to me........I had a brief errand at a local shopping center....AFTERWARDS, while waiting at the light,  I saw a young man waiting for a bus, and he was smoking............now how often do you see that these days????? 

not often.

then, while waiting for the light, an SUV pulled up beside me, and the guy had  A CIGARETTE BEHIND HIS EAR.

I haven't seen that in YEARS AND YEARS!!!!!

so maybe I'm making a big to-do over nothing, but what are the odds of seeing 2 men/cigarettes at one time like this????????????

& COULD there be some type of meaning for me behind this?

serious replies only, please!!!!!!!!

Posted - August 15, 2018

Responses

I see people smoking outside all the time.  At a bus top about 3 weeks ago when I walked by and yesterday outside of a hospital.  People can't smoke inside anymore so they smoke outside. I don't see anything unusual at all about seeing someone at a bus stop smoking. I have also seen guys with cigarettes behind their ear, usually in a lower-income neighborhood where I used to go and volunteer. 
    I don't see any special meaning or even a hint of one.  Don't worry, no hidden message there. 
      August 15, 2018 9:15 AM MDT

No, what you saw wasn't some omen.  It's just that less people are smoking ordinances are numerous. 

I see people smoking/vaping daily.  My neighbors smoke (cigarettes and marijuana).  The smoking laws in this town are extremely strict.  Smoking is not allowed anywhere within city limits except for inside your car or inside your house/yard.  Therefore one doesn't see many smokers anymore.  People put cigs behind their ears (especially if they've bummed them) because if they light up anywhere besides the aforementioned areas they'll be stiffly fined.  
      August 15, 2018 10:20 AM MDT

Big brother hard at work.
      August 15, 2018 1:32 PM MDT

Nah, big brother vapes. 
      August 15, 2018 3:46 PM MDT

I'm sure there's a conspiracy theory somewhere in this post.
      August 15, 2018 2:12 PM MDT

Just no.
      August 15, 2018 2:37 PM MDT

To the best of my knowledge, smoking is still legal.  It is extremely expensive but I don't think it is odd to see two men smoking in one day or just running an errand.
    Where I live many people still smoke.  In most places you can't smoke inside but that doesn't stop them from smoking outside. 
    Seeing people smoking tobacco cigarettes isn't as popular as it used to be.  That may have been weird for you to see in that short period of time.  It is not a crime.  Smoking pot is legal where I live and many people do this outdoors too.  Vape cigarettes are around too. 
    I'm sorry it shocked you but it still does happen.  No worries.  I think people who wear plaid and stripes together is shocking and many people don't. 
      August 17, 2018 1:25 AM MDT

That depends. Did both of them have tattoos?
      August 17, 2018 5:56 AM MDT

No, plenty of people smoke.  Though not as many as years ago. 
      August 17, 2018 6:07 AM MDT

Depends did the guy at the bus stop get in the car with the guy with the cigarette on his ear? 
     No, not really there are still people who smoke. 
      August 17, 2018 7:25 AM MDT

i dont think it nneans anything , people just like to snnoke
      September 11, 2018 10:02 AM MDT

Are people not allowed to smoke walking down the road on cities streets on or in towns ? 
    In England it's banned in any work place or public buildings ,pubs,clubs ,Resturants etc....
    .you can't smoke either in any company or work vehicle....

Smoking should be banned everywhere really.. 
      September 11, 2018 10:22 AM MDT