Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » One guy enlists and goes to war to fight "the enemy". He comes home, joins the NFL and takes a knee. Is he not a patriot?

One guy enlists and goes to war to fight "the enemy". He comes home, joins the NFL and takes a knee. Is he not a patriot?

Another guy draft dodges multiple times, cheats on his taxes, but always stands for the National Anthem. Is he a patriot  because he goes through the motions of having devotion to this country but was unwilling to fight for it? Is  appearance all that matters? Seriously?  Since when ?

Posted - August 18, 2018

Responses

Well even that Bald eagle in the Oval office seemed to know that that other guy wasn't  as patriotic as he made out to be  (it didn't seem to  like  Trump). There is a vid of Trump singing America The Beautiful  on the White house lawn and he didn't seem to know the words  (I'm Canadian and I know the words). The NFL kneeling thing had something to do with them gathering on the White house lawn so Trump could of at least learnt the words to show he is patriotic. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at August 19, 2018 2:40 AM MDT
      August 18, 2018 11:04 AM MDT

"I'm Canadian and I know the words".  M'dear Nanoose you Canadians are very special people. You can't compare yourselves to others. At least in my opinion. You stand shoulders above others along with England and our other fine allies. You are more engaged, more intelligent and more caring. Period. All those countries that have fought side by side with us and lost some of their great citizens fighting wars in which we needed friends are MORE PATRIOTIC AMERICANS than those phony baloney American flunkies who criticize us for speaking up and calling out wrongdoing. I am NOT impressed by them.  They embarrass me greatly. They ever so self-righteously wrap themselves up in the American flag as they do very unpatriotic things. Talk is cheap. Going through the motions is meaningless. SIGH. Sad thing is only folks like you would give a  dam* about what I just wrote. The others? Actors on a stage playing roles and saying words they don't comprehend or understand,. But it sounds good and looks good and makes the donjohntrump happy and that is all that counts. Than you for your reply Nanoose! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 19, 2018 2:47 AM MDT
      August 19, 2018 2:46 AM MDT

An interesting idea....but there is NO NFL player who is also a former military veteran who is kneeling. 
    I consider the kneeling disrespectful and believe if they want to protest they can do it on their own time. If I were an owner/coach any player who knelt would not play in that game.
      August 18, 2018 7:13 PM MDT