Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever encounter road hogs? They are oblivious to everyone and act as if they OWN the roads. You aren't one of them are you?

Ever encounter road hogs? They are oblivious to everyone and act as if they OWN the roads. You aren't one of them are you?

Posted - August 19, 2018

Responses

I don't have a problem with road hogs as much as I do with plain poor drivers. 
      August 19, 2018 6:16 AM MDT

Road hogs are the ones who keep changing lanes without signaling bh. They speed up and slow down and speed up and slow down and cut in and out of traffic erratically constantly. They are not SAFE drivers. They live in their own little world and are completely unaware of the rest of us out there. I think that qualifies as a bad driver..the very worst kind in my opinion. How many times have such folks cut you off and you wished a cop had been there to witness it?  Thank you for your reply.
      August 19, 2018 6:22 AM MDT

I encountered a road hog yesterday.  It was a little red Honda that kept changing lanes for miles and, in the end, he wound up next to me at one point after I remained in the same lane.  So, all his maneuvering didn't get him very far ahead at all.  
      August 19, 2018 7:15 AM MDT

Don'tcha JUST LOVE IT when that happens L? They cut in and out and rush and stop and rush and stop and rush and stop and rush and stop and sometimes you beat them and sometimes you just stay with them. I have GLARED at such folks in my time with no response. What are they gonna do? Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 19, 2018 7:22 AM MDT

It seems like a waste of time to keep changing lanes.  I will pass someone who is moseying along and holding up traffic, but then I get out of the passing lane.  What bothers me, too, are drivers who stay in the passing lane going slowly so that you can't get around the slow poke in front of you.  I rarely blow my horn, but I will do it if that driver refuses to get over.  If you look in your rearview mirror and see a whole bunch of cars behind you, and a lot of room in front of you, you need to get out of that lane.
      August 19, 2018 7:32 AM MDT

We think so too L. Jim does most of the driving. When he gets behind a real slowpoke he will try to go around when it's safe. What makes me nuts if being behind a large truck and not being able to see anything but its back end. I get claustrophobic when I can't see ahead so will try to go around and in front. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 19, 2018 7:41 AM MDT

I don't like driving behind large vehicles either.  I generally try to take a parkway whenever I'm traveling because in NY, trucks are not permitted on parkways, only highways (freeways).  When I drive down to Pennsylvania, I take the NJ turnpike where the roadway splits for cars only on one side and cars and trucks on the other.  I go with the cars/trucks because they are not permitted in the left (passing) lane and traffic usually moves faster.  Since I'm usually driving down on the weekends, there aren't a lot of trucks.  
      August 19, 2018 7:48 AM MDT

What area(s) of Pennsylvania do you visit  L?  Do you have relatives there? Thank you for your reply.
      August 19, 2018 7:52 AM MDT

My youngest sister lives between Philly and Lancaster.
      August 19, 2018 2:29 PM MDT

Don't know if this is the same thing but there are drivers who in whatever situation are always trying to get ahead of someone and so are always changing lanes to do so and then when whatever person they are behind is going slower they will change back again if they think by doing that they can get ahead.  Seem to be very impatient.  No they don't bother me because mostly I am driving in the slow lane. 
      August 19, 2018 7:23 AM MDT