Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » Oh, wouldn't it be so, so, so nice to have cars that did not use any polluting fossil fuels?

Oh, wouldn't it be so, so, so nice to have cars that did not use any polluting fossil fuels?

Posted - August 19, 2018

Responses

There are many designs or cars that run on water, but the petrochemical companies buy  up all the inventions so as they can still sell crude oil...They have known about it for decades and just buy up every new patent ...plus if we stop using crude oil/coal for plastics ,how will we be able to continue to pollute all the oceans of the world for free... ....????
      August 19, 2018 7:37 AM MDT

There are many things I would worry about before that.  I rather use coal and water for energy than nuclear.  I want all nuclear plants to close.  Now.
      August 19, 2018 2:17 PM MDT

Some countries, including the UK and Norway, are trying to head that way by banning sales of new i.c.-engine cars after a certain time in the fairly near future (2040, in Britain).

What the Government's not said is how all the electricity for all the replacement electric cars' batteries will be generated in anything like the necessary amount... Nor anything about the genuine, full environmental equation of replacing conventional vehicles with all-electric.

Maybe it's because as I suspect,  most politicians and certainly the most rabid "green" campaigners, barely understand the terms "fuel", "energy" and "power", and the differences between them; and like many people now, have a very poor grasp of basic science and engineering generally.

Such moves are all well and good, and certainly well-intentioned, but I don't think anyone paid to do so and act accordingly, has really thought it all through.
      August 30, 2018 11:01 AM MDT

probably
      September 9, 2018 5:27 PM MDT