Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Why do I keep growing affection for one guy, everytime I go to a new location such as a different state or start a new job or whatnot?

Why do I keep growing affection for one guy, everytime I go to a new location such as a different state or start a new job or whatnot?

I am now infactuated with a coworker. Last time it was my hot teacher. Is this biology working or am I just bored?

Posted - June 27, 2016

Responses

• We're all just pretty badass. 

June 27, 2016 3:28 PM MDT

Because that is the phase of life you, yourself and YOU are in right now.  You need to be aware of why and not take it really seriously, but have fun and just know you are like this.  See what happens. 

June 27, 2016 3:30 PM MDT

Biology and boredom aren't mutually exclusive, but yeah, it's biology.

June 27, 2016 3:47 PM MDT

Um you're a girl who likes guys. It's pretty simple. Lol :)
      June 27, 2016 3:54 PM MDT

• Lies!! I like my bed and sleep. That's all!

June 27, 2016 5:51 PM MDT

• How do I get rid of it?

June 27, 2016 5:52 PM MDT

• Screw phases

June 27, 2016 5:53 PM MDT

• Lies!

June 27, 2016 5:53 PM MDT

• Could be either or both.

But when you get to a certain age, the drop in hormones means you become immune to infatuation - amazingly liberating!

June 27, 2016 6:14 PM MDT

probably cause you ran into some people that you liked

June 27, 2016 6:29 PM MDT

• It depends on what you mean by "get rid of it."

Do you prefer to become celibate and be free of the pain of affairs of the heart? If so learning a form of meditation like Vipassana or Zen might help. Or get physically and mentally very active as a distraction. Or choose a job and workplace where there is no one likely to trigger your hormonal responses (like aged care or looking after preschoolers.)

If you want a partner, don't let it be just any person whom you happen to see frequently.

Be proactive.

Decide what qualities you want and which ones you won't tolerate. Figure out where people like that are most likely to hang out, and then put yourself in that place or environment frequently so you have the chance to meet and get to know the right kind of blokes.

Especially good to find someone who shares similar goals, values, and lifestyle. It doesn't guarantee success because these things can change over a lifetime. It does, however, make it more likely that a genuine, lasting love can grow from the relationship as the infatuation passes. The transition is not without struggle because when the heady romantic hormones wear off, we start to see faults in the other and reveal more of our own. Part of developing love is getting to know, accept, trust and respect the real person.

I left my choice of a life partner till too late. It meant my body was too old to carry a baby to full term.

June 27, 2016 6:41 PM MDT

I think you're a succubus.

June 28, 2016 7:44 PM MDT

• Well guys are pretty cool.  I like them too :-)

June 28, 2016 8:24 PM MDT

• bcuz u r so hot

June 28, 2016 8:27 PM MDT

• Mr. B... you're so good to me. :0)

June 28, 2016 8:41 PM MDT

• I hate guys though. I hate humans!! :0(

June 28, 2016 8:42 PM MDT

• oh lol

June 28, 2016 9:28 PM MDT