Active Now

Element 99
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Lobbyists are paid to exact favorable treatment from legislators about issues that will affect their clients. Their loyalty is to the client. Is there a line that ought not be crossed? What is it?

Lobbyists are paid to exact favorable treatment from legislators about issues that will affect their clients. Their loyalty is to the client. Is there a line that ought not be crossed? What is it?

Posted - August 17, 2016

Responses

One line would be outright bribery, but with campaign and other permissible donations, that line can be awfully hard to make out at times.  I would think that lying would be another line, but would guess that gets crossed, too.

August 17, 2016 10:48 AM MDT

God commanded the Hebrews not to have a king, not to be like the nations. The Hebrews eventually demanded a king, to be like the nations. There have been other cases of societies growing up with no central government, and in every case the people eventually threw away their prosperity and demanded a central government. Here are theories and summaries of this remarkable tendency: http://comingdarkage.blogspot.com/

August 17, 2016 1:44 PM MDT

D'ya think Manafort crossed that line several times elizabeth? It  looks very suspicious and I think that's why T ump demoted him and hired  two other people...neither of wh om have ever run a political campaign. And then he has Roger Ailes to coach him for the debates with Hillary. His choices are not very good. A portent of what's to come if he were prez? AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)

August 17, 2016 2:05 PM MDT