Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Do you think Yogi Berra practiced yoga?

Do you think Yogi Berra practiced yoga?

Posted - August 24, 2018

Responses

No more than if he was a berry picker.
      August 24, 2018 2:39 PM MDT

IDK if he did in his era but baseball players/athletics do now...
      August 24, 2018 8:38 PM MDT

Now Element, "You can take this with a grin of salt," but, "If you ask me anything I don't know, I ain't going to answer."  However,  I'm going to take a swing at this and say, no. Why?  Because  "I usually take a two-hour nap between one and four." This takes up Yoga time. And, "In baseball you don't know nothing."  But you do know, this: "Never answer an anonymous letter," and " You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going because you might not get there."  Maybe if he did Yoga he would have more circulation to his brain but, in the true Yogi way, "a nickle ain't worth a dime anymore," and "Even Napoleon had his Watergate."  Who needs oxygen to their brains because in his wisdom he will tell you, "It was impossible to get a conversation going.  Everyone was talking too much."  They were saying, "Hey Yogi, say a Yogi-ism." 'I tell 'um,' "I don't know any." 'They want me to make one up.' "I don't make 'em up.' I don't even know when I say it. They're the truth. And it is the truth.  I don't know.'"
    He was brilliant simply by stating the obvious and the truth.  Maybe he Did do yoga after all.  "If the world were perfect. It wouldn't be." 
    Here is a parting thought to remember before you die. Compliments of Yogi Berra.

"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours." 

You've gotta love the man!!  
      August 25, 2018 2:33 AM MDT

Yes, he was brilliant. But, according to him he didn't say most of the things he said.
      August 25, 2018 7:20 AM MDT

I'm always late for the game. It's this damn workin' thing I've got goin' on. Besides,  "It gets late early out here" and "It ain't over 'till it's over."  Element, "You have deep depth."  :) :)  My visit is short.  I go to my notifications (bell) first.  I'm glad this was on top.  "The future ain't what it used to be."  Hugs and giggles.  See you on my return. :) :)
      August 26, 2018 10:10 AM MDT

Good post...  Smilin'
      August 25, 2018 2:46 PM MDT

!  Hugs and loves.  I'm off to work and see you soon.   Have a great day :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at August 26, 2018 11:52 AM MDT
      August 26, 2018 9:55 AM MDT

This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at August 27, 2018 12:45 AM MDT
      August 26, 2018 12:07 PM MDT

I hope you like Paul McCartney... :) :)  It was a great Sunday.  It still is for another seven minutes.  A Very Long and Tiring Sunday but a good one none-the-less.  I'm off to bed in six minutes.  Thanks Beans and see you tomorrow, I hope.  Sweet Dreams :) 
      August 27, 2018 12:54 AM MDT

And JOY for the AP!  Thanks Element!  Happy! Happy!
      August 27, 2018 12:44 AM MDT

probably
      September 8, 2018 5:53 PM MDT