Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It's TOTALLY OK TO TAKE LAND AWAY FROM CITIZENS FOR RACIST REASONS per South Africa views. Didn't Apartheid DIE?

It's TOTALLY OK TO TAKE LAND AWAY FROM CITIZENS FOR RACIST REASONS per South Africa views. Didn't Apartheid DIE?

Who resurrected it?

Posted - August 25, 2018

Responses

As I understand it.. the idea is to take land from the larger land owners and distribute it more fairly...  This would target the whiltes more than the blacks for sure and perhaps that is the intention.. there are black larger land owners.  I think it's hard for us to judge this one..as the situation is quite complex... One could argue that the racist decisions in whites taking land and treating black people who morally own the land means that now black people should be able to right the wrong.. But this is people we are talking about.. people who, may happen to be white but who were born there and whose families have lived there for generations.. is it right that they be punished? It's a very unpleasant place to live now if you are white.. dangerous as heck.. but perhaps the black people felt that way when the roles were reversed.. in fact many of them were suffering grinding poverty and discrimination and that was at the hands of the whites.. 
      August 25, 2018 10:44 AM MDT

Thank you for setting me straight on this one m'dear. Apparently trump saw a report on FAUX NEWS that was untrue and spread it around as he always does with his brand of manure. It was about white people having their land taken and being murdered. Turns out it is a lie but then that is what donjohn does. Takes lies and promulgate perpetuate state them as truth. SIGH. :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 26, 2018 3:21 AM MDT
      August 25, 2018 10:48 AM MDT

There's some truth... the taking of land is 'anyone' who has over a certain amount of land.. black or white.. though in reality more white people have more than the specified amount. 
    The other thing was... when apartheid overturning was in its early stages then yes, white people were murdered.. I don't think that happens now.. but it did we are told.. I have a very good friend who is South African -white - she grew up there and violence was always a problem .. one could say that black people who were effectively suffering in their own land, seeing white people take everything felt they had no alternative but to fight and steal just to live.. I try to keep an open mind
    I suspect Trump is using the story, twisting it to try to provoke racial hatred.. that IS what he does best.  
      August 25, 2018 12:19 PM MDT

He loves chaos and fighting and attacking and insulting and vilifying and lying for its own sake. Especially when it deflects/diverts attention away from all his problems which are growing in number daily and in degree of seriousness. The more frantic he gets the more loony and wackadoodl he becomes! Thank you for your informative reply Addb!   :)
      August 26, 2018 3:23 AM MDT

Whether the policy is racist or not, it is not likely to result in greater prosperity and may even be an economic catastrophe, according to these writers:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/south-africa-land-expropriation-compensation-economy-effects-a8497996.html

https://www.news24.com/MyNews24/expropriation-without-compensation-spells-economic-disaster-20180301

Looks like a case of "cutting off one's nose to spite ones face".
      August 26, 2018 2:50 PM MDT