Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is it odd that the US allows people with brain issues to hold office and make major decisions?

Is it odd that the US allows people with brain issues to hold office and make major decisions?

And no... I'm not talking about Trump. I never understood why McCain was still a senator at the end, despite the diagnosis. 

Posted - August 26, 2018

Responses

Not only odd, but complete bs. Anyone who obviously is having brain issues shouldn’t be in political office. We’ve also had Supreme Court Justices with severe brain issues on the court. I think there’s at least a few more politicians whomare mentally unfit for political positions.
      August 26, 2018 12:18 PM MDT

"The whole truth"
      August 26, 2018 2:14 PM MDT

A brain issue doesn't automatically make someone mentally anything.
      August 26, 2018 6:17 PM MDT

In a lot of cases it does. I want people in politics to be in good health. Period.
      August 26, 2018 6:19 PM MDT

Yes but only you , if you are voting for people, can decide who is in "good health" or who is not. And good health was never a criteria for running for office or even be hired or appointed.  Are you in good health"?  How do you know and what would lead you to think that?  Go to doctors and they will for sure find something "wrong" with you that requires drugs or operations.  Because that supports their industry so how can they determine? 
      September 2, 2018 6:46 AM MDT

I never said it wasn’t a requirement, but common sense should prevail in every voter. 
      September 2, 2018 7:53 AM MDT

• I wonder how much it cost us to keep his doctors from declaring him mentally incapable of making his own medical decisions, not letting alone decisions for the nation.  He should have been forced to retire upon diagnosis.  Cancer eating away inside a skull can't be anything but debilitating (obviously).  
      August 27, 2018 12:15 PM MDT

It doesn't matter what puppet is the president, McCain's father was a freemason.  However, it's worth noting that the bankers are behind the puppets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHEdBQZxorc&bpctr=1535666897

August 30, 2018 3:44 PM MDT

Not sure just how the "country" is going to decide just who had "brain issues" vs. who does not?  Would remind that the "country" is NOT the government - at least not yet despite the work of so many to make it so.  So would the people we don't agree with be the ones with "brain issues"? Who would be the authority? You would perhaps say MDs - but which ones?  The opinion of say seven out of twelve? 

I think is very negative and discouraging to just discuss and dismiss people according to what we think are their "issues".  None of us is perfect and if all we do is look for "issues" we will of course find them under every rock. I say we must respect one another as whole people regardless of "issues" and work with one another as total human beings whatever shortcomings we each possess.

Perhaps McCain was left in out of simple respect. 
      September 2, 2018 6:42 AM MDT

sounds like it
      September 8, 2018 4:55 PM MDT

It sounds like you want intelligent politicians. That will never happen.
      September 9, 2018 11:31 AM MDT