Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Is Jesus your buddy?

Is Jesus your buddy?

#JesusBuddy

Posted - August 17, 2016

Responses

WOw what a quiet day today.   So calm.   Jesus is my buddy, of course. The name of this group sounds Satanic. What do you know? It is quite benign actually. Thank you, Jesus. I do like this ditty.  #lookie here  www.babynamespedia.com="">

August 17, 2016 5:43 PM MDT

No, her name is Pilar.

August 17, 2016 11:52 PM MDT

Yes he is.

August 18, 2016 1:06 PM MDT

No. According to the Bible, in Acts 2:22, no less a person than Peter himself, reminding people about Jesus, said, "Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth WAS a MAN, approved OF GOD among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which GOD DID by him in the midst of you, as you yourselves know."

So someone who was a man over 2000 years ago cannot be a buddy to any normal person today.

August 18, 2016 2:04 PM MDT

I suppose it depends on what you mean by "be a buddy to any normal person today"? Read on...

(Acts 2:22-27) “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus the Naz·a·reneʹ was a man publicly shown to you by God through powerful works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, just as you yourselves know. 23 This man, who was handed over by the determined will and foreknowledge of God, you fastened to a stake by the hand of lawless men, and you did away with him. 24 But God resurrected him by releasing him from the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held fast by it. 25 For David says about him: ‘I keep Jehovah constantly in front of me, for he is at my right hand that I may never be shaken. 26 On this account my heart became cheerful and my tongue rejoiced greatly. And I will reside in hope; 27 because you will not leave me in the Grave, nor will you allow your loyal one to see corruption.

August 22, 2016 11:51 PM MDT