Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » What character in any movie or TV show would accurately describe you?

What character in any movie or TV show would accurately describe you?

Posted - September 8, 2018

Responses

September 9, 2018 12:07 PM MDT

Well, this one doesn't play either.

But if you press it to play -  a choice of the Best of Dug appears -- I hit it and it went to Youtube and it played.  This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 4, 2019 6:20 PM MDT
      September 9, 2018 12:07 PM MDT

Sux to be us.
      September 9, 2018 12:08 PM MDT

I tried again and found a way for it to play. I described how in one of my comments above.
      September 9, 2018 12:10 PM MDT

I still haven't seen this movie.
    :)
    I watched this clip up there again -- I was able to click on a link within the image itself up there. Anyway, this dog seems potentially annoying. 
    Once seeing my answer again, I keep thinking of three different people in totally different environments, out of the blue, telling me that I reminded them of this dog.
    Yikes.
      June 4, 2019 3:05 PM MDT

• Phoebe on Friends.   Sarcastic, dry sense of humor, quirky, and my most favorite thing,  random.
      October 20, 2018 7:25 PM MDT

Wow...an actual answer.
      October 21, 2018 8:09 AM MDT

• haha.    I am not as good at replying with a non-answer.    
      October 22, 2018 7:49 AM MDT

Haha you won't find anyone like me in any movie or TV show.  Because I am not a movie or a TV show but rather real life.
      October 21, 2018 8:31 AM MDT

• I have always been drawn to the whimsical character known as Seymour S. Sassafrass (voiced by Danny Kaye) from the Rankin & Bass Easter holiday program "Here Comes Peter Cottontail."  He's so colourful, light-hearted, and he wears a magic top-hat.  I love it.  There is a je ne sais quoi about him that reminds me of something within me and something I aspire to as well.  What a delightfully wonderful character.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Seymour S. Sassafras. I am a peddler by trade, and by golly. I deal in magic and moonbeams and pretty pretty colours. Oh yes! I can sell you the most perfect pink, or the most blissful blue, or a simply euphoric yellow."

Here's a link to a short clip of him...

https://binged.it/2AkIno5

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 4, 2019 6:21 PM MDT
      October 21, 2018 8:35 AM MDT

Danny Kaye was a distant cousin of mine.
      October 22, 2018 8:18 AM MDT

• I was not aware of that.  That is really awesome.  He's great.  It must run in the family.
      November 3, 2018 1:05 PM MDT

I can't prove it...that's what mom told me...just as she told me she was a babysitter for Jesse Owens' children as we lived in the same black/Jewish apartment complex. This post was edited by Element 99 at June 4, 2019 6:22 PM MDT
      November 3, 2018 1:28 PM MDT

• If mom said it...that's good enough.  Take it and own it!
      November 3, 2018 1:29 PM MDT

Without a doubt, Alfred Hitchcock himself from the Alfred Hitchcock Hour television show.  Like ol' Hitch, I too have a  V E R Y  dark sense of humor and a propensity towards perfection.  Also, I've heard ol' Hitch favored darker colors and hues over lighter ones... that's me all the way.

October 22, 2018 8:39 AM MDT

I like your answer, bevo.
      June 4, 2019 3:06 PM MDT

LOL... thanks loads Welby :)
      June 4, 2019 5:02 PM MDT

Oh! How could I forget? This just happened in the last two weeks! I'm going with another answer in which another person (not me, myself) finds a movie character that reminds them of me.

A friend in an exercise class, out of the blue (again, like that dog in "up"), said for me to watch the movie "Hacksaw Ridge." It was in the middle of class when she asked and the topic never came up again.

I watched the movie and I had asked her, "Why did you want me to watch "Hacksaw Ridge"?" 

And she said 'Because you remind me of Desmond (Doss, played by Andrew Garfield)! He and you are just alike!"

I immediately started to cry.

If you've seen the movie, you'd know why I started to cry.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 4, 2019 5:34 PM MDT
      June 4, 2019 3:16 PM MDT

I'm sure they meant it as a compliment.  I've never seen the movie but I believe you are a very fine being. :) :)!
      June 4, 2019 4:26 PM MDT

Indeed, she meant it as a compliment. my tears were tears of a "You are kidding me!" type of surprised reaction. The movie is a true story of an incredibly admirable and brave man who was in World War II. This Desmond Doss goes beyond being a great person -- I'm still very, very, very humbled that my friend thinks I am like this guy.

I really recommend the movie a lot. It was unlike anything I've seen.
      June 4, 2019 5:52 PM MDT