Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It's impossible to believe that super don voters and anyone-but-don voters share anything, much less values. How different are they?

It's impossible to believe that super don voters and anyone-but-don voters share anything, much less values. How different are they?

Posted - September 16, 2018

Responses

You don't think you and I share any values at all? 
      September 16, 2018 9:15 AM MDT

Well would not consider myself a "super" voter but I did vote for him.  And I know from postings and interactions over the years that we share many values.  Politically we differ the most but we are all just people trying to make it in this world and wanting to enjoy our lives and wanting to do what we can to help others.  Perhaps we allow our hatred to blind us to how similar in fact we are. 
      September 16, 2018 9:28 AM MDT

I can’t speak to others’ values, but perhaps we might mention shared priorities. 
    Based on his foul character, it’s hard to fathom intelligent, conscientious adults sharing Trump’s moral values.

Being willing to overlook the endless lies and stupid comments, the pettiness and narcissism that mark Mr Trump’s striking unfitness for office for the sake of political priorities, says to me, “yes, we’ll swallow the stream of (metaphorical) sewage if it keeps the dreaded ‘left’ at bay“. It speaks to a slavish partisanship. Our society suffers because of it.  

I neither share or condone this brand of blind acquiescence. IMO, nothing that Trump stands for remotely offsets his repugnance. This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 17, 2018 5:01 AM MDT
      September 16, 2018 11:55 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply DB and Happy Monday to thee. I don't know what super don "stands for". I think he rode the only train that would let him aboard. I'm gonna ask. He used to be a New York Democrat. What changed that? He rode the Birther Movement which was promulgated by extreme right-wing racists and saw it bear fruit. So he switched.  Not all of him mind you. Just the mouth. So where he really is and what he really believes I can't say. He connected with that unforgotten group. You know the ones that we used to shun and revile and reject because their "values" were so repulsive? He has no moral center. That appeals to his base. Sadly.
      September 17, 2018 5:04 AM MDT

I think the differences are generally superficial. As between politicians themselves, oftentimes.
      September 16, 2018 12:01 PM MDT

I disagree with thee Danilo G and here's why. The super don supporters support him unconditionally though he lies all time, attacks and insults innocent folks and encourages racism/bigotry/hate and divisiveness. He sucks up to foreign despots/dictators and has alienated our allies..the good guys. He loves chaos and does everything he can to keep it roiling. Now you may not perceive him in that way at all. I'm not you so I don't think as you do. I'm just telling you what I see and so I think the differences are PROFOUND. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      September 17, 2018 5:48 AM MDT

I still believe that the Trump-faithful (and, agreed, they sure can be too much so, not unlike many leftists to their idols) also want peace and stability, and in that broad sense are similar to others; that in fact a vast majority of us looks to those values, but that we only differ in our approaches. Trump is arguably in power (whatever that power signifies) due to the masses who felt unheard and unconsidered, and now their political counterparts have been very actively hammering in on the same regarding themselves.

Yet all this shouting and bickering on both ends hardly gets us anywhere. That's why I feel it's important to place more emphasis on what we all have in common--else we simply swirl and drown in our inevitable differences. Thank you Rosie, and Happy Monday to thee!
      September 17, 2018 6:18 AM MDT

I disagree with thee DaniloG. I think peace is not something the super don supporters seek else they would not be super don devotees. He  promulgates chaos and divisiveness and hatred none of which is conducive to  peace. Peace includes compromise, cooperation, conciliation. Also missing from the super don persona. He has admitted he likes to set people against one another just to see what happens. That is his MO in business as well. Since he has been in power I cannot recall a single thing he has done that is peaceful or promotes peace. If he stays on script and says every word that is on the teleprompter (written by others) it is rare. When he speaks ad lib extemporaneously he always gives his base what it wants. FAKE NEWS. WITCH HUNT. NO COLLUSION. And falls back upon attacking the people he cannot seem to quit. He is always talking about Hillary and Barack Obama in the most abusive terms. He is always aggrandizing himself and bragging about his marvelous accomplishments as he attacks/vilifies/eviscerates/denigrates those who don't compliment him. He keeps doing it daily. He drags much baggage with him from the past as he adds to it in the present so futurely he will ultimately be consumed by or brought down by it. He is not a peacemaker or a leader or a calming influence. He is not a healer. He is an inciter, a rabble-rouser and his adoring devotees love him for it! He throws them red meat all the time to keep them riled up! So as I said we disagree. So what? Your right to see things as you do and my right to see things as I do are equally valid.  The question is can WE get along anyway? Are you an either/or kinda person? My way or the highway?. I despise him. You don't. Different strokes, right?  Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee DaniloG! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 18, 2018 3:24 AM MDT
      September 18, 2018 2:37 AM MDT