Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Is your Zodiac Sign right about your personality as you or others see it?

Is your Zodiac Sign right about your personality as you or others see it?

Please, friends, don't laugh about this topic. I post this because I am interested. I found out that my personality correspondences astonishingly with all the traits assigned to the Sun Sign "Scorpio", the fixed element is water. This is for fun only. Whether you believe in astrology or are interested, I can recommend a book I have in front of me, which I use for this topic.   The title is:  The Astrology Bible   by Judy Hall. 
Whoever is interested, the following page of my website tells you everything about my character - well - the stars know ! https://karinbartsch.weebly.com/about-us.html                                                          

Posted - September 16, 2018

Responses

nup
    my chart is so unlike me it's enough to make me think either the hospital recorded the wrong date and time
    or the system doesn't work

September 16, 2018 1:27 PM MDT

• Hahaha - couldt it also be that you yourself would be very astonished when others would judge your character? With other words: There is a possibility of denial what we do not like about us. This is for fun only! 
      September 16, 2018 1:34 PM MDT

I'm aware of plenty of flaws in my personality, and would never deny them.

If there are traits I am blind to - and logically there would be - then by definition I don't know what they are.

I'm sure others do judge me - because I think everyone judges whether they own it or not.
    But I haven't a clue what their judgments are - they don't tell me. This post was edited by inky at September 19, 2018 12:29 AM MDT
      September 16, 2018 1:47 PM MDT

• Looks to me like you are an outgoing person ( just by the fact that you answer in forums with smart responses ). Glad you are here. 
      September 16, 2018 2:08 PM MDT

ha ha! that's sweet - I wish it was true.
    I checked out your website and liked it a lot.

I'm a 25 on the introvert scale, meaning half-way between introvert and ambivert.
    Subjectively, I feel more introverted than I am.
    I long for deep, intelligent company but I shy away because it takes so much work and is so hard to find.
    Paradoxically, introverts are more likely to spend time on social sites because it creates an illusion of connection while not having to leave the comforts of familiar surroundings. The extroverts are busier being out there in the real world.
      September 16, 2018 2:33 PM MDT

• Well - i guess i never explored intro and extro very much, because I see the truth in your comment. I feel related. I can be the head of a party, but mostly I love my privacy and i love writing more than talking. Illusion is the word - my family members are in Europe and I tell myself that I cannot live without social media.
      September 16, 2018 2:45 PM MDT

I also love writing. I'll watch out for your blogs.

Intro and extro were first proposed by Jung and then taken up and expanded by Myers and Briggs.
    The Myers-Briggs personality spectrum is considered speudoscience or untrue because attempts to check whether it produced reliable results failed on at least three major points.

But there is some research that suggests that our temperaments are innate. At Harvard in 2004, psychologists Kegan and Sidman began longitudinal studies of individual babies and tracked them as they grew older. In one study, they presented babies with unfamiliar stimuli and recorded their reactions. Some babies got upset, crying and thrashing their arms and legs; these babies were highly reactive to their environment. Other babies didn’t get upset and remained calm around new stimuli;  the “low reactive” babies.
    As the babies grew into children and young adults, their temperaments remained consistent; babies who were “highly reactive” grew up to be more cautious and fearful, while the “low reactive” babies remained sociable and daring even as adults. 
    It is hypothesized that this is the root of why introverts tire more quickly around lots of people, prefer to have just a few close, deep friendships, and feel re-energized by spending time alone.

This post was edited by inky at September 17, 2018 6:50 PM MDT
      September 16, 2018 7:06 PM MDT

That was really informative and fun to read Nom de Plume.  Thanks! :) :)
      September 16, 2018 10:29 PM MDT

• Wonderful article! Thanks a lot! I like to learn what I can...question is: can I hold it in my mind? Short-term memory is not holding up these days. May I add you as a friend?
      September 17, 2018 6:54 PM MDT

I am going to believe you because I trust you and like you.  I would like to say, however, I am an extrovert.  I do go outside all day every day.  I enjoy interacting with people in the real world and here too.
    I come here because I have people I look forward to seeing/reading whom I consider friends. I came here originally because a friend suggested it. I have been grateful to him sense.  
    The true and only reason I came to a social site was because my husband works  really odd and late hours.  In order to be with him and show him support, I would stay up while he was working on his computer and inadvertently found Ask.com when it had a Q and A section.
    One of the cool things about being on a social site where you enjoy, play, and respect others is the opportunity to meet.  The "real life" chances of me ever meeting Dodgy/Didge, Whitehair, Element 99, carbon, Nice Jugs, Beans, Rizz, JA, you, are exceedingly slim.  For that, even though I get in trouble sometimes from Don for being on here too much, is worth being on answerMug.  I don't think of the people I meet here to be introverts or extroverts.  I just think of them as "People" who enjoy my company as I do theirs.  
    I think it doesn't matter what label we put on each other.  What does matter is we like each other and care.
    Personally, I am especially glad you are here. :) :)  I'm glad I've met you and have a great feeling this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. :) :)
      September 16, 2018 4:11 PM MDT

Yeah - I have that feeling too.
    I've been checking out your profile and posts. We're of the same hippie-boomer generation and roughly the same alternative thinking mindset.
    I find I enjoy the "tone" of your words.

Often extroverts are great for helping introverts feel more at ease. They do it unconsciously, naturally, without even trying.
      September 16, 2018 7:25 PM MDT

• Reading your conversation, Nom de Plume and Merlin, makes me feel emotional. I am glad to be part of this circle of friends. I wish I had more time to write....
      September 17, 2018 7:01 PM MDT

• If you open the page of my website, you will read further that a facebook friend also assessed my character - it has been Suby ( Subramanian Mahadevan). I liked him a lot. Does anybody know whether he still does the internet? Please, let me know. Thank You!
      September 16, 2018 1:28 PM MDT

Yes.  What people some people don't understand is just because you are a Taurus doesn't mean you are always bullheaded but you may carry a trait of that in your personality.  Just because you are Gemini doesn't mean you have a split personality but chances are, you carry that in your personality.  Just because you're Leo doesn't mean you are self-centered but you could carry that in your..... on and on and on. 
     Just because you are born under a certain sign doesn't mean you didn't have other influences from the stars when you were born. You could have a Virgo rising or 7 moons in Scorpio. I do find people born under the same sign to have similar characteristics.
    It is a very powerful and interesting study.  I enjoy it.  Mom studied it when I was growing up.  This lead to my intrigue and beliefs.
    I also find them to be more astounding when a person has their chart read and it pulls many aspects of other signs into theirs.

This post was edited by Merlin at September 16, 2018 6:05 PM MDT
      September 16, 2018 1:32 PM MDT

• Thanks, Merlin. You wear your hat not for nothing! I see you know the Zodiaks. 
      September 16, 2018 1:38 PM MDT

Scorpio,
      September 16, 2018 2:14 PM MDT

You are the most mellow Scorpio I have ever met.   I bet you are quick as whip and smart as they come!!  See?  You are also very careful but passionate when it comes to things/animals and people you allow into your circle.  Most of all, you are the best "Bean" I've ever known and I'm glad you aren't Silent towards me. 
    Happy! Happy! This post was edited by Merlin at September 16, 2018 6:04 PM MDT
      September 16, 2018 4:20 PM MDT

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.  - Marcus Aureliu

TY...

This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at September 16, 2018 8:04 PM MDT
      September 16, 2018 5:46 PM MDT

The baseball player?
      September 16, 2018 6:11 PM MDT

Yes.
      September 16, 2018 6:24 PM MDT

Great career. Hall of fame?
      September 16, 2018 6:30 PM MDT

Matt Kemp

Los Angeles Dodgers center fielder Matt Kemp certainly seems to have recovered from hamstring issues that had him on the disabled list for several weeks. The Dodgers are certainly happy to have their star slugger back in time to re-charge their anemic offense.

Kemp has steadily improved every season since first reaching the majors as a 21-year-old back in 2006.

Kemp is already a two-time Gold Glove Award winner who patrols center field with the grace of a gazelle, has won two Silver Sluggers, earned an All-Star selection twice and narrowly missed out on the 2011 NL MVP Award after leading the National League in home runs and runs batted in.

Armed with a new eight-year, $160 million contract, Kemp will be the anchor in the middle of the Dodgers' batting order for the foreseeable future, and barring injury could well be building a case for inclusion in baseball's Hall of Fame.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1267420-baseball-hall-of-fame-the-next-50-players-who-will-be-enshrined-in-cooperstown#slide46
      September 16, 2018 6:51 PM MDT

I was born under the sign of the cross, hence, that sign does fit me. 
      September 16, 2018 1:36 PM MDT

• Thanks, accepting your answer as is. If you want to explain what you mean, you are very welcome. I never would judge any human, and I honor all religions, even though I am an agnostic. ♥
      September 16, 2018 1:41 PM MDT