Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Opinions are cheap. A dime a dozen. TRUE real-life experiences can be very costly. Sometimes they break you. Ever been broken?

Opinions are cheap. A dime a dozen. TRUE real-life experiences can be very costly. Sometimes they break you. Ever been broken?

Posted - September 19, 2018

Responses

I've very nearly been broken a number of times... I am very fortunate that I was made with a survivor spirit ... I won't let things beat me but there have been times when it's been a pretty close run thing.. One of these was recently.. I truly felt as though I wasn't sure I'd make it out intact.. mentally and indeed for a different but coinciding reason, physically... I am very lucky I had as many protective influences surrounding me as I could possibly get, and I did survive.. well so far.  
      September 19, 2018 9:37 AM MDT

((hugs)) You do know that each time you're tested you get stronger don't you Addb? Some people slide through most of their lives unchallenged. Then something very big hits and they fall apart.  They never had the chance to build up the muscle it takes to keep going. So in a way (though of course I don't how bad the bad has been for you)...you are still here and a delight to me BECAUSE of getting challenged and getting stronger. I don't know whom you would have been had you had an easy ride so far. Hang in hang on and keep the faith. Quitting is not an option. Giving in/giving up is for those of little faith in themselves. If you have a goal you want to reach one day keep visualizing yourself getting there . When another obstacle slows you down VISUALIZE yourself getting through it to the other side. I've done that my entire life and well I'm still here too! I'm a pretty tough dame all things considered. But I've had more than my share of blessings and good luck as well and I think you must have too. Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      September 19, 2018 12:22 PM MDT