Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are Willie Nelson fans angry because he supports Dem Beto O'Rourke, not trumpican Ted Cruz? Are all Texans right-wing extremists? Wassup?

Are Willie Nelson fans angry because he supports Dem Beto O'Rourke, not trumpican Ted Cruz? Are all Texans right-wing extremists? Wassup?

Willie says he doesn't care. He is 85. Been around a long long time. Doesn't have to please anyone but himself. Good for him.

Posted - September 23, 2018

Responses

Hmm wonder if you would have written "good for him"if he was supporting Cruz?
      September 23, 2018 9:31 AM MDT

What do you feel defines right wings extremist? Ted Cruz is a conservative, but he isn’t an extremist. He isn’t a fascist. He is one of the few who actually understands and respects the constitution. I never find it okay or acceptable to insult or label a voter base. Both sides do it and it’s sickening.

Willie can support whomever he wants. That’s his right. This post was edited by Rizz at September 23, 2018 1:02 PM MDT
      September 23, 2018 9:48 AM MDT

Very true. We supported Cruz and Fiorina in 2016.  
      September 23, 2018 9:53 AM MDT

I wonder how and why the left ignores their extremists like Antifa, college students and their professors shutting down conservative speakers. Some with violence. Look how violent protests/riots were committed by leftists. But in their delusional world it’s justified. This post was edited by Rizz at September 23, 2018 10:05 AM MDT
      September 23, 2018 9:58 AM MDT

College students and their professors don't seem to think very much about things.  Perhaps because they don't have to work very much for a living.  Not very practical - its all sort of a fun game to them.  Or their professors have taught them how "bad" their country is so how much ir "deserves" every misfortune it receives.
      September 23, 2018 10:07 AM MDT

Just noticing... a lot of very emotive words there, 'violent' 'delusional'...  I am sure you are already aware of that. Both sides in terms of extremists are probably equally vociferous about the other side..  Purely unemotively here there do seem more right wing extremists than left in terms of speaking out/voiciferousness. I concede perhaps I just don't see them, I tried searching but mostly only right wing stuff appeared.. 
      September 23, 2018 12:07 PM MDT

Really? How many right wingers are rioting, blocking traffic, destroying property of others, looting, shutting down speakers, and assaulting others compared to left-wingers like Antifa? Yes both sides have violent scum. But the American left is far worse. To pretend otherwise is foolish. And most search engines have a far left bias. They bury anything from the right. I don’t think it’s a coincidence. I have to search for lengthy times to find non left leaning sources. I’m sure you are aware of Antifa which has professors from universities who are Antifa members.

Look at this site and the imbalance of attacks on the right compared to attacks on the left.  This post was edited by Rizz at September 23, 2018 1:04 PM MDT
      September 23, 2018 12:13 PM MDT

Now, now don't shoot the messenger :P I am an observer.. I report what I observe from extensive observations and those of others.. DO always remember that I am not left-wing or right-wing.. 

Extremist right-wingers have been responsible for violent demonstrations.. and within that damage to people and to property. I cite the Charlottsville stuff? But that's just one example. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/26/alt-america-terrorism-rightwing-hate-crimes
    https://qz.com/1182778/the-far-right-was-responsible-for-the-majority-of-extremist-killings-in-2017/
    https://www.sv.uio.no/c-rex/english/publications/c-rex-working-paper-series/constraints-against-right-wing-violence.pdf
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18855328

We are mindful that the KKK are extremist right-wing and they have been responsible for an awful lot of 'violence' 

In the Trump/Hilary campaign there was violence on both sides of extremism.. 

When you say the left are far worse.. I honestly believe that to be very subjective.. and that's really what I am addressing here.. the number of right wing people who defend/overlook/excuse when things are on *their* side.  I see it time and time again.. 

I think that when people say things like that they are genuinely failing to take full account of the facts.. favouring or overlooking.. 

I cannot comment on your searches but I do say, in terms of research, (and I surely do know how to research!) that when I have tried to research left/right antipathy - I have found unanimously anti left rhetoric even when I try to search for same from left perspective.. 

Just in the vein of observation research.. when you say look at this site for imbalance.. If you look in terms of number.. we see here 1 anti right-wing but around 4 people defending and clearly on the right side.. 

Re professors, it's been acknowledged that greater intelligence tends to be associated with more left leaning tendencies. 

September 23, 2018 12:41 PM MDT

I acknowledged the right-wing has violent thugs. But overall, the American left has been far worse, especially the past two years. I don’t recall the American right acting the way the left is when Obama was elected. 

Also, the KKK isn’t all republican/roght-wing. They were founded as democrats and Hilary Clinton was close friends with a former KKK memberl even when he was active. She called him a good man.  
      September 23, 2018 12:53 PM MDT

I also never said you are left or right wing, but you do favor the American left far more than the American right. I admit I have some bias, but it’s because of how the American left has acted the past two years. They complained how republicans obstructed Obama, which they did when they had both houses. Now they’re doing the same thing. I suppose it’s okay because Trump is president.

I don’t like the relublican party either. I have less disdain and contempt for them though. Mostly due to the last two years. This post was edited by Rizz at September 23, 2018 1:06 PM MDT
      September 23, 2018 12:57 PM MDT

I favour reason.. I favour non-extremists.. And that pretty much is in keeping with the very vast majority of my Island.. We aren't fond of extremists of any kind. 

I also favour and am a strong advocate of fairness and I am especially motivated by devil's advocatism.. So I will argue against those who spout ignorant statements about almost anything.. It's balance that motivates me.. I have been known to defend Islamism when people say ignorant things that aren't true.. But equally I am fairly vociferous  against many of the things associated with Islam.  Ditto you will find me commenting on both sides of immigration.. If one side says something horribly bias I will argue for the opposite stance... 

Do you see? I will argue for both sides.. but usually in the role of devil's advocate.. I argue for reason... I argue mainly for truth.. Truth motivates me so I don't like to see any statement that's not factually correct when it's being purported to be fact.. 
    I love to learn, I love to study, I love to research.. If someone says something I will go study it.. and I will keep studying until I find consensus.. 

So, I think you really couldn't say I was left bias or right.. If you knew me.. you might well say I have a lot of traits and tendencies that tend towards conservatism.. I voted Brexit remember... 

I think it's worth noting too that we just don't have the left/right division that seems to be prevalent there.. We tend to be able to float between the two much easier dependent on given points. 

I do admit there is something I am biased against.. Trump, I despise him with every fibre in my body, but it's not because he is, or represents right-wing.. it's because he is a total and utter He is an appalling human being and he is stupider than mud.. this along with more than anything, his total lack of class offends me.. so I say so.. a lot :P 

So to conclude.. I've been accused of being lefty.. loads of time.. however, that's usually their mistake :P
      September 23, 2018 1:36 PM MDT

I’m still waiting for you to play devil’s advocate on here with all the attacks on the right. When I see it, I’ll take back my statements about you favoring the left. 
      September 23, 2018 1:40 PM MDT

My comments aren’t ignorant. They’re factual. 
      September 23, 2018 1:42 PM MDT

I’ve also been openly critical of Trump on here myself. I didn’t vote for him and I’m far from a supporter of his. 
      September 23, 2018 1:44 PM MDT

:):):)
      September 24, 2018 3:10 AM MDT

*whomever he wants.
      September 23, 2018 9:59 AM MDT

Rosie, why do you suppose that they would care or that they all think alike and that some might not agree with him? Do you not realize how bigoted you seem when you post questions such as this? Does that not matter to you?
      September 23, 2018 10:03 AM MDT

You didn’t know only republicans and conservatives are bigoted?
      September 23, 2018 10:04 AM MDT

LOL. Didn't you know that it's OK to be a bigot for the left?
      September 23, 2018 10:07 AM MDT

I‘ve realized this for the past two years. The hypocrisy and actions of the left make it more difficult to vote democrat. I’m not a fan of the GOP either, but the left’s actions are alarming.
      September 23, 2018 10:14 AM MDT

As others pointed out it's always going to be down to saying good for him if you agree and yuck/disgust when we don't.. I remember many famous people turning down requests to appear for Trump celebrations/rallies.. but I understand Toby Keith did.. I still like Toby Keith's songs, (well most of them) but I am more than a little queasy about his choices regarding support.. 
      September 23, 2018 12:10 PM MDT

I have never been able to separate the art from the artist Addb. Bad on me but there it is. Others have no problem appreciating the art no really liking the artist so much. I say good on them! It isn't an intellectual thing but purely emotional. SIGH. Maybe one day I'll grow up! Thank you for your thoughtful reply Addb ! :)
      September 24, 2018 3:14 AM MDT

I am not a Willie Nelson fan but I have seen post made by people who are upset about it. 
    I could say I will never buy a Nelson album but is already the case so...oh well. This post was edited by my2cents at September 23, 2018 5:28 PM MDT
      September 23, 2018 1:01 PM MDT

*buy a Willie Nelson album.
      September 23, 2018 1:39 PM MDT