Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you have to be a conscienceless sociopath to "beat" a lie detector? How do some do it?

Do you have to be a conscienceless sociopath to "beat" a lie detector? How do some do it?

Posted - September 30, 2018

Responses

I think genuine sociopaths don't have a conscience, they believe they have a right to do things and don't believe they are doing wrong,.. so that would probably mean they can pass a lie detector
      September 30, 2018 1:21 PM MDT

That's what I'm thinking Addb. I don't see how a "normal" person can control emotions which is what a lie detector reads. But abnormal folks like sociopaths are emotionless and so they can lie with ease just as they can murder with ease or betray with ease or harm with ease. It's all the same to them. SIGH. We had one called super don. Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 1, 2018 4:29 AM MDT
  • D&D

It just takes practice, if I read it correctly.
      September 30, 2018 8:19 PM MDT

It would involve controlling emotions because that's what the lie detector detects. There are certain patterns of "normal" and "abnormal" and I think you would have to be emotionless as sociopaths are to beat one. But you could be right. Thank you for your reply D&D and Happy Monday to thee! :)
      October 1, 2018 4:31 AM MDT

Perhaps by simply telling the truth.
      September 30, 2018 8:27 PM MDT