Active Now

Spunky
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Any of you familiar with a TELEX machine? Ever use one back in the day?

Any of you familiar with a TELEX machine? Ever use one back in the day?

Decades ago before the internet  was invented I remember getting to work at 7am California time so I could visually "chat" with a business counterpart in England before she left work for the day. That was so wondrous to me. Being able to "talk" to her so many thousands of miles away at the beginning of my day and the end of hers. It seemed magical! Now of course we have the internet which is even more magical! What's ahead for us? More magic? Any idea what it might be and when we might have it to use?

Posted - September 30, 2018

Responses

Yes, I remember.. I had to use one in my very first job.. I remember feeling it was scary.. and frightening... really important and I felt ill-equipped to handle the responsibility.
      September 30, 2018 12:38 PM MDT

I LOVED it Addb! It was as if we were chatting face-to-face in the same room. It was more fun than talking on the phone which we did at times as well. Seeing her words appear on the paper in front of me in REAL TIME and my words back to her IN REAL TIME just gave me such a kick! Do they still have Telex machines ? Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 1, 2018 4:44 AM MDT