Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Sad but true. We often "pay it forward" and take revenge on the innocent because those who harmed us are out of reach. A metaphor for life?

Sad but true. We often "pay it forward" and take revenge on the innocent because those who harmed us are out of reach. A metaphor for life?

Posted - October 8, 2018

Responses

• D&D

I read about how the Red Army torrtured (raped the children and women, made the men watch and other tortures) when they won the war. Many of them felt 'justified' for revenge or for prevention of reoccurence. Some survived Jews from camps were also victimised the same way in Berlin although they are Allies!

To me it did not make sense, the women did not kill nor torture. So how is this justice?

The horrors the Red Army inflicted was something only monsters could do, in glee, in comradeship, in the name of loyalty and justice. This is after they won. So many girls committed suicide from them and were in AGONY, in and out of consciously while the men queued in from of their bodies strewn on the streets. Some even begged to be killed after the brutality of the gang rapes (those who can still speak possibly).

There are evil running around in this world that should be chained down to hell.
      October 8, 2018 5:43 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful and sadly informative reply and Happy Tuesday to thee D & D. I don't get it either but I have come to believe that some people are just "BAD SEEDS". Whether they were born that way or trained to be that way they are capable of incredible evil. How can that be we ask? I don't know and I will never understand how so many human  beings can be such monsters. Maybe one day it will all be revealed? This post was edited by RosieG at October 9, 2018 4:27 AM MDT
      October 9, 2018 4:26 AM MDT

Human existence is not a pretty thing. Who knows what makes people do the things they do. Some would say that even meat eating is barbaric. However for our lives to exist, so many must die (to nourish and more) and if all life is precious does this not even make even human survival wrong?

After all, we have reached to this capacity in terms of awareness and empathy for living creatures so don't we have the responsibility to do the right thing? What is the right thing?
      October 10, 2018 8:57 PM MDT

Thank you for a very thoughtful and philosophically based reply D&D. You gave me something I can sink my teeth into metaphorically. Fist of all all life is not precious. If it were there would be no wars, we'd all be vegans and there would be no insect repellents. As for responsibility each of us is responsible for what we do and say and think and believe. Those things are sourced by whom we are. If we are evil and monstrous and hateful/good and kind and helpful matters. Lastly what is the right thing? Again it is sourced by whom we are. Those of us who try our best to be "good" KNOW what the right thing to do is. Our conscience is our guide. If you take money out of your mom's purse without her knowledge that was a wrong thing to do.  If you lie to save your a** that's the wrong thing to do. However if the Nazis are looking for some Jewish people you are hiding in your cellar and you lie THAT is the right thing to do. Motive/intention matters. If you are greedy and racist and soulless and selfish you have to benefit or it isn't the right thing for you. It's complicated. Happy Thursday to thee! :)
      October 11, 2018 3:37 AM MDT

Not for me.  I have never been into "taking revenge" because just seems like a waste of time and energies and resources.  Also means we play God which is just wrong. 
      October 8, 2018 7:39 AM MDT

(Comma after "God".)

October 10, 2018 9:12 PM MDT

I don't believe in revenge or retaliation because the damage done is done to you not to your target. I have never been envious/jealous of anyone for anything. Those emotions are also damaging only to those who feel them and I think it's counterproductive to envelope yourself in any emotion that is going to harm you. What sense does that make? None unless you are a masochist which I am not. I think paying forward kindness is always a good thing for everyone. Everyone wins when people are kind to one another. In my opinion. Thank you for your reply og and Happy Thursday to thee! :)
      October 11, 2018 3:41 AM MDT

Yes we agree completely on that. 
      October 11, 2018 5:03 AM MDT