Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do we consciously or subconsciously limit our thinking because we fear what lies "outside" and dare not venture there?

Do we consciously or subconsciously limit our thinking because we fear what lies "outside" and dare not venture there?

Or are our limitations inborn and not in our control? Do you ever get frustrated when you don't understand something and wish you were smarter? Or are you perfectly content as you are believing what you do and do not want your apple cart upended/disrupted?

Posted - October 8, 2018

Responses

• D&D

I cannot for the life of me understand sports, of quantum mechanics and selected ignorance (or denial).

Occasionally I feel like I'm the brink of grasping it but don't. Or worst, the brink of an ephiphany. My brain gives it all. I do give my all.
      October 8, 2018 5:51 AM MDT

I used to be a huge professional basketball fan back in the day when my son and his friends followed the sport and played the sport themselves. Not professionally. As for Quantum Mechanics I have quite a few books on the subject. No education to support understanding all of it but I am a HUGE FAN. Science fiction is the literary genre I LOVE. That's where scifi comes from. Things like quantum entanglement and worm holes and black holes and time travel and relativity. But I, like you, do not understand the REFUSAL to learn about what is true and real because of some political dogma that is inculcated among those who need to belong to groups and do not know how to think independently. So they let others do it for them which is why we are currently in the mess we are in politically. I am drawn to intelligence and knowledgeable people. My brain is a sponge that seems to be constantly in need of "water". I think TRUTH ROCKS and LIARS SUCK. No exception. Well I can't think of an exception right now. Thank you for your reply D & D! :)
      October 9, 2018 4:36 AM MDT

We all have our comfort zones based upon what we know or have been able to figure out and what we have learned we can depend upon.  I would say it is natural that we consciously or unconsciously try and figure things out for ourselves based upon what we know. There are many things I know I will never understand, some of which I have tried to but even when they are explained t me I don't get them so I know they are beyond my comprehension.  Whereas for some people those are the ways they think and perhaps they find my way of thinking beyond their comprehension for whatever reasons.  We make a place for ourselves in this world for better or worse and either we are comfortable with it or we are not. 
      October 9, 2018 4:44 AM MDT