Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Why would an honorable ethical lawyer known for his integrity represent anyone at any time who is known for being a COMPULSIVE LIAR?

Why would an honorable ethical lawyer known for his integrity represent anyone at any time who is known for being a COMPULSIVE LIAR?

A person who lies so often he cannot be trusted to tell the truth even under oath? Is it only the dregs of lawyerdom who are so desperate to make money who would take on such a client? If YOU were a lawyer would you?

Posted - October 15, 2018

Responses

• I can certainly tell that you've had no experience with lawyers. There are no "honorable ethical lawyers" any more than there are honorable ethical  politicians. Integrity is not a factor. There are lawyers that are better in court than others, just as some doctors are better than others. The truth is that the American Bar is the main supplier of politicians in this country. Many folks have a hobby and with lawyers, it's politics.
      October 15, 2018 12:27 PM MDT

To get paid.
    This is why one becomes a lawyer; lawyering is stressful work...
    Besides, without the unethical, without the dregs, the criminals, what are lawyers for?  

In the end, it’s about the money and influence.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at October 16, 2018 3:24 AM MDT
      October 15, 2018 2:24 PM MDT

I have a problem comprehending some things DB. That would be one of them. I think lawyers are supposed to help THE INNOCENT not get screwed by evildoers. I know. How naive can one be? I think of the ACLU and those lawyers who are there to speak for those who are getting nailed and hammered and damaged by the vicious the greedy the evil. I know the big bucks come with the territory inhabited by knaves and varlets and thugs and bums who have lotsa bucks. But I don't consider such lawyers to have any redeeming value at all except to the lowlife bums they represent. SIGH. if you are representing an evil person don't you have to be evil too? Thank you for your reply DB. Would YOU do it? How much money would it take to buy you? No disrespect intended. Just wonderin! :(
      October 16, 2018 3:29 AM MDT

Just another day at the office. 
      October 15, 2018 5:43 PM MDT

I do not get it Malizz. Is lawyering a profession that immoral folks are drawn too? Except for those who fight for social justice and work for the ACLU or some such organization? Lawyers and politicians who are greedy and only there for the money are crumb bums aren't they? It's really disheartening isn't it? Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 16, 2018 3:36 AM MDT

Sorry, but you're rather prejudicing the case by labelling one party a compulsive liar. Even compulsive liars tell the truth from time to time. Each case has to be tried on its own merits.  

Particularly pernicious are techniques such as the Reid technique, where the prosecution presents incorrect evidence in order to induce a false confession. Is the confessor then a liar not to be represented. 

This post was edited by Malizz at October 16, 2018 8:01 AM MDT
      October 16, 2018 7:17 AM MDT

Donald Trump is a compulsive liar. All his attorneys/lawyers will not allow him to talk to Mueller face to face because they KNOW he will lie. So how would you have me state it since that is true Malizz? Would you have me pretend what his lawyers admit openly is not true? That is the entire and complete and ONLY point of my question. I would not and could not ask it elsewise or otherwise. KNOWING a client always lies why would you represent him? I don't know how you would ask that question. Perhaps you wouldn't ever think to ask it because it did not occur to you or it doesn't matter to you. We're not the same person, right? You respond as you see fit to questions I ask as I see fit. Thank you for your reply. This post was edited by RosieG at October 16, 2018 8:07 AM MDT
      October 16, 2018 8:05 AM MDT

$
      October 16, 2018 7:30 AM MDT

not sure why
      October 19, 2018 3:50 PM MDT