Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Composing your Thanksgiving gratitude list? I want to write something to be grateful starting 11/1/18. Today? Self-cleaning oven.

Composing your Thanksgiving gratitude list? I want to write something to be grateful starting 11/1/18. Today? Self-cleaning oven.

Posted - November 1, 2018

Responses

I'm still alive. Oh...and happy birthday. I know it is this month, but not the day. Mine is, too.
      November 1, 2018 12:48 PM MDT

I am grateful to have been born in the USA.  From there, all things are possible.
      November 1, 2018 1:35 PM MDT

i dont feel like writing a list, when i got this job at this calling center, they had this decoration on a bulletin board asking us to write down what we were thankful for, i wrote down this job and lost it two wks later cause i got a 73 on a test instead of the 85 i shouldve gotten so now no nnore lists.
      November 1, 2018 2:31 PM MDT

The first thing to enter my mind - - and perhaps it's trite.

Two movies  -- 1997 original "Funny Games"
                           and
                                              "Dancer in the Dark"

Both are complete masterpieces to me and I'm grateful for having seen them. They've bettered my life in some ways, believe it or not. And I know you like at least one of them, too.
    :)

Related image

Image result for dancer in the dark 

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 3, 2018 7:54 PM MDT
      November 1, 2018 8:43 PM MDT

• I love Bjork.  I still need to see this movie.   ( I still haven't watched  Happiness, but I have the disc from Netflix and will be watching it this weekend for sure.)
      November 1, 2018 9:26 PM MDT

I hope you enjoy "Happiness."

(That sounds so sentimental.)

:)
      November 2, 2018 8:45 PM MDT

• Thank you!

(Hahah, it does sound sentimental)
      November 2, 2018 9:03 PM MDT

• Coffee
      November 1, 2018 9:24 PM MDT

• Never have made lists like that.  But I do say a prayer on Thanksgiving thanking God for good health and getting through a year free of extreme hardship and loss:)
      November 2, 2018 9:33 PM MDT

• I'm grateful that the sun has not gone Nova 

November 2, 2018 9:44 PM MDT

Me too! :) :)
      November 3, 2018 7:55 PM MDT

• Among so many of life's blessings
    I am grateful for you, JG. 
    When I made a wish...you appeared.  And I love you.  I do I do I do I do I do!

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 3, 2018 11:32 PM MDT
      November 3, 2018 8:32 PM MDT

•   November 4, 2018 8:40 AM MST

Today?  Denny's Restaurants.
      November 3, 2018 7:56 PM MDT

• At the risk of sounding like the resident "Jesus freak", a name I am more than willing to proudly wear, I want to say with all sincerity that I am most grateful for God's unfailing love and favor.  He resuscitates my heart everytime it flatlines.  He holds me close, he comforts me and never lets go.  He makes me whole when I feel fractured.  His eyes see past the ugliness in my life and I am made beautiful.  His light is brighter than the sun.  it warms and illuminates my path. When the whole world would rather chase me with fire and pitchforks, he forgives me.  I believe, without the shadow of any doubt, that he sent his son Jesus into our world as a sacrifice, and with his innocent blood he purchased my soul back from the forces of darkness.  He is my everything.  I am forever his and I am profoundly grateful.

November 3, 2018 8:25 PM MDT