Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Veronica Cartwright here portrays one of only two females in this entire movie. She is vastly underrated for this movie -- what's the movie?

Veronica Cartwright here portrays one of only two females in this entire movie. She is vastly underrated for this movie -- what's the movie?

[​IMG]

Posted - November 3, 2018

Responses

Well, that takes out Witches of Eastwick.

I'm thinking... scratching my head....
    thinking,...... 

Maybe "Aliens" with Sigourney Weaver being the only other female actor? 

This is a reaching guess.  If I'm right, I am going to be ecstatic....  

I'm crossing my fingers...

Am I right???? 
    OH please, oh please, oh please....

November 3, 2018 11:48 PM MDT

drum roll, please . .  .  the movie is "Alien" ("Aliens" was the first sequel and Cartwright is not in that one) . . .

you win!!

Cartwright is my favorite actress. And I truly believe she is, like I said in my question, "vastly underrated" as 'Lambert' in "Alien." When it comes to this movie, everyone seems to only talk of Sigourney Weaver (though I like her a lot, too).

And, HEY!!! - - I considered doing a "Witches of Eastwick" movie gif, too, of Cartwright. And she is vastly underrated in that movie, too! I saw that movie once . . . and Cartwright, being completely authentic and believable, with no hint of going over the top - - she absolutely STEALS the movie from the rest of the cast. Cartwright is the only memorable part of that movie to me.

PLOT SPOILER!!!! "WITCHES OF EASTWICK"!!!!

Cherries have never been the same to me since seeing that movie! Ha!

Thanks for the fun on this late night/early morning for me, Merlin!!
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 4, 2018 3:27 AM MST
      November 4, 2018 12:04 AM MDT

Yippeeee!!!  Happy! Happy!

I am doing back handsprings and flips through the air with my friends, recorded here!  I can't believe I actually guessed it.  I can't believe it!  I feel like I answered a question correctly on "Name That Movie!"  Seriously!!  Thank YOU Welby! 
    I don't know if you have done this on purpose but whether you did or not, your questions seem to have a theme now-a-days and I like it very much!  
    You are so awesome!  Thanks again for being you and thanks for the reward of being right last night!
    Yippppppeeeeee!!!!! 
      November 4, 2018 10:27 AM MST

Ha, thanks!

Any themes are a result by chance. My favorite movies are on my brain lately.

I promise I'll come back and watch all of the video you posted --  my mind is racing too much at the moment.
      November 4, 2018 7:26 PM MST

Look what I just read . . .

an excerpt, please read about Cartwright and "Witches" - -

The Washington Post wrote that Nicholson was "undisputably the star of The Witches of Eastwick, despite formidable competition from his coven played by Cher, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Susan Sarandon," although even more praise was reserved for Veronica Cartwright in an eccentric, scene-stealing supporting role.[24]

I'd say Nicholson is highly DISputable as being the 'star.' (I've really only liked him in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"; he tends, to me, to overact quite a bit.)
    I like Cartwright the best - - uh . . . have I said, yet, how much I admire Cartwright?

November 4, 2018 12:10 AM MDT

I agree with you about Nicholson stealing the show with "Witches."  I didn't think he showed any more talent in his character portrayal than expected.  Also, we have seen him play the dark, evilish-side in other characters already.  Out of all of them, I think he was the weakest.  Trust me.  I am a HUGE Nicholson fan so for me to say that is pretty big.  Cher did a better job than he did.  I really like Susan Sarandon.  All the characters she plays have many quirks but are fun, I think. :)  
    I"m Giggling.  Yes, you did mention a little way back you very quite fond of Ms. Veronica Cartwright.  I am a perfect example of her being hidden in the shadows.  I really didn't know who she was until the Halloween when I watched  "The Birds."  She should write you a thank-you note.  You have turned her name up here enough to have others take a peek at her work.
    There you go again, doing random acts of kindness without even knowing it!
    I Love Ya Welby!  Have a super great Sunday!! :) :)

November 4, 2018 10:37 AM MST

Funny you mentioned a thank-you note. Quite a while ago, I wrote to Veronica Cartwright and shared how much her work impresses me and that she makes me believe in every character she portrays. And she wrote back, thanking me.

I enjoyed your comment here immensely! Thank you, Merlin!

Oh, and I do enjoy all the cast members of "Eastwick" - - it's just that, as usual, Cartwright kicks a** in comparison.
      November 4, 2018 7:17 PM MST

dont know what nnovie it is
      November 4, 2018 2:29 PM MST

Merlin got it - - "Alien."
      November 4, 2018 7:17 PM MST