Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Why do you think our beloved Merlin chose that moniker? WHY MERLIN? Was it after the original Merlin or some "other" reason?

Why do you think our beloved Merlin chose that moniker? WHY MERLIN? Was it after the original Merlin or some "other" reason?

Posted - November 6, 2018

Responses

have no idea
      November 6, 2018 2:57 PM MST

Next time she appears, alaska.
      November 6, 2018 3:03 PM MST

That would have been a better answer if she was ICE ICE MERLIN.

November 6, 2018 3:30 PM MST

According to the French Vulgate ... Merlin was the son of the devil.
    He also has a terrible romance life, throughout the many incarnations of his myth.  Poor guy.  lol
      November 6, 2018 3:42 PM MST

Oooooh that sounds so amazing.  French Vulgate.  I love that terminology.

I will use that.  I love vocabulary and those two words together are rich with history and meaning.

Anyway, I love discussions about Merlin.

Depending on one's spiritual bent, Merlin is all-wise or a demon.

Merlin was neither.  Merlin was knowledge and memory stored into a single being.  Much like a computer, but human.

Merlin was not around to cause harm.  Merlin was a force and a force for good as far as any history I have read.  Since Merlin was not a real person (more of an archetype) it is easy to slant the definition either way.  Pro or Con Merlin's goodness.

Anyone who is not using the LORD JESUS CHRIST as their Savior, is evil in the eyes of Christian puppets.

Jesus Christ was born as man over 2,000 years ago.  That begs the question.  Who did we worship before that?

We had to wing it people.

We had to use our wits and wisdom and respect the fathers passing down knowledge to sons.

That is what Merlin was.  A repetoire of all the occult arts.  Occult means HIDDEN.  It does not mean EVIL.

It is hidden for a reason. Because morons do not understand elevated knowledge and reasoning just off the cuff.  They need to be taught why.  

To let it in the open causes people to misunderstand and call things that are beyond their reasoning "EVIL" and blame poor Jesus for thinking this way.

THE IRONY?

Merlin did all the "miracles" Jesus taught.  What Jesus was crucified for showing us.  What did Jesus preach?  "What I can do, you can do also, AND MORE".

So, who is the EVIL?  Both performed miracles.  Both healed the sick and raised the dead.  Both could go back and forth in time.  Both could remember things no one else was privy to.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 6, 2018 3:55 PM MST
      November 6, 2018 3:50 PM MST